Party appetizer ideas don’t get much better than this! Add this Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball to your party menu this holiday season and wow your guests with flavor! Ready in just 30 minutes and using an array of herbs and spices this dish will be the talk of the town!
This post is part of Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) – a series of festive recipes, crafts, printables, and more on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Throwing a party and looking for appetizers to serve? Well, consider making this Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball appetizer. It’s easy to make and delicious!
Tex-Mex flavors including chipotle, paprika, oregano, and jalapeño go into this recipe, giving it a yummy smoky and spicy kick.
You can customize it based on your tastes or suit the preferences of your guests. This appetizer recipe will be sure to have you coming back for seconds!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Protein – Bacon
- Fresh Produce – Jalapeño Pepper
- Dairy – Cream Cheese, Mexican-Blend Cheese
- Smoked Paprika
- Dried Oregano – use Mexican oregano if you can find it
- Chipotle Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Crackers or Vegetable Crudite – to serve
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Bacon
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is Bacon, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Roasted Broccoli and Bacon Salad with Raisins & Yogurt Dressing
- Classic Baked Potato Skins with Cheese & Bacon – Party Appetizer Recipe
- Pancakes and Bacon Cupcakes with Maple Frosting for Brunch!
More Cheese Appetizers Recipes
Looking for more cheesy appetizers to make? Check these recipes out next:
- 5-Ingredient Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Log Appetizer For the Holidays
- Everything But The Bagel Ranch Reindeer Cheese Ball Appetizer Recipe
- 30-Minute Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Appetizers
How Do I Make Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball ?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 8 thick-cut slices of bacon
- ½ large jalapeño pepper, finely minced, divided
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup Mexican-blend cheese, finely shredded
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Mexican oregano
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Crackers and/or vegetables, to serve
- Line a large plate with paper towels and place 4 slices of bacon on top. Cover with additional paper towels. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. Remove from microwave and discard paper towels. Repeat process with additional paper towels and remaining slices of bacon.
- Place the crispy bacon in a food processor and pulse briefly until roughly chopped. Transfer bacon crumbs to a large bowl, along with half the jalapeño pepper, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining jalapeño pepper, cream cheese, Mexican cheese, smoked paprika, Mexican oregano, chipotle powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir vigorously to combine.
- Transfer the cheese mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap and use the wrap to form the cheese mixture into a ball. (Refrigerate for 5-10, or if you want to make ahead, 4 hours to or overnight.)
- Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and gently roll in the bacon jalapeño mixture until thoroughly coated. Return to a serving dish and serve immediately with crackers and/or sliced vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Holiday Dinner!
You’ve made the appetizer, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a holiday dinner party!
- Soup: Hearty Minestrone Soup with Arugula
- Salad: How to Make Waldorf Salad – A Classic Fruit & Nut Salad
- Main Dish: Pistachio-Crusted Salmon with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes
- Side Dish: Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- Beverage: Apple Cider Margarita
- Dessert: Macadamia & Cranberry Biscotti
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.
The Create the Holidays series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays!
You can check out Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) from 2023 | 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!