If you are craving a tropical vibe then this Cuban Rum and Peach Cocktail is a perfect choice. The fresh peach, along with peach schnapps in this white rum cocktail, are a match made in heaven, creating a refreshing summer beverage!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Cuban Rum and Peach Cocktail
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
One taste of this Cuban Rum and Peach Cocktail is sure to make you feel like you’re sitting on a tropical beach in the blazing sunshine!
To me, nothing screams the Caribbean more than a rum cocktail! And since Cuba is the largest island in the Caribbean, as well as being on my bucket list of places to visit, I simply had to share this cocktail with you!
Ingredients Used In This Cocktail
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Fresh Peaches and Limes
- White Rum – such as Bacardi.
- Peach Schnapps
- Simple Syrup – you can easily make your own simple syrup. You place equal measures of sugar and water in a pan and stir over medium heat. By the time it starts to simmer, the sugar is dissolved, and that’s it! When the syrup has cooled use in cocktails as required. Store it in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to a week.
- Maraschino Cherries – for optional garnish.
This cocktail is shaken, but don’t worry if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you could just use a container with a tight-fitting lid – like a mason jar or even the cup on a blender or smoothie maker.
More Rum Cocktails To Make
Want to make more cocktails? I think you’re going to love these ones:
- Sanderson Sisters Cocktail – Amok Amok Amok! With Rum & Apple Brandy
- Tropical Island Breeze Cocktail with Bourbon & Rum
- Rum Spiked Pumpkin Pie Punch
Cuban Rum and Peach Cocktail Variations
I like to try and give variations on the cocktails shared on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, and especially turning the cocktail into a mocktail so that non-drinkers (and kids if suitable) can enjoy the drink too!
Virgin Rum & Peach Mocktail (non-alcoholic)
I love the Monin brand of syrups as there are lots of flavors and they are a very versatile ingredient that can be used in cocktails, mocktails, coffee, cocoa, shakes, smoothies, and more.
To make this Cuban rum cocktail as a mocktail, follow the recipe card, but replace the alcoholic elements with the syrups suggested above.
I haven’t made the mocktail version, so I recommend adding the syrups to taste as they may add a sweetness that you may not necessarily get from alcoholic liqueurs.
For non-drinking adults who still want the rum flavor you could experiment with a non-alcoholic alternative:
- White Cane Spirit from Lyre’s – “This unique spirit has been impossibly crafted to capture the essence of a gently aged white rum with flavours that are distinct and contemporary.” Their website has international versions too, including the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe, so they’re worth checking out for non-alcoholic alternatives!
And use a peach syrup to replace the schnapps. Once again, follow the recipe, but use the suggested replacements for the alcohol.
Frozen Cuban Rum & Peach
Want to turn this Cuban beverage into a frozen slushie? Easy! Put all the ingredients in a blender with a generous amount of crushed ice – then blend till smooth. Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze! You could do the same with the mocktail version too.
Cuban Rum & Peach Party Punch
Want to make this cocktail for a crowd? It’s so easy! Here’s how to do it!
As long as you use the same measuring container (glass, cup, jug, etc.,) for the “1 part”, the ratios will be correct and you can make as much as you need to.
Make sure you add plenty of ice to your serving receptacle of choice to keep the cocktail chilled. Add slices of peach and some maraschino cherries in there too.
You could also skewer the fruit onto cocktail picks for guests to garnish their glasses of drink.
Speaking of which, place cocktail glasses in the bar/serving area along with a filled ice bucket, stirrers, and cocktail decorations if suitable!
To make a big batch of Cuban Rum Party Punch, mix together:
- 3 parts White Rum
- 3 parts Peach Schnapps
- 1 part lime juice
- ½ part simple syrup
You can muddle 2 slices of peach per part and stir into the batch, or replace with a few dashes of peach juice/nectar to taste.
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence. Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make a Cuban Rum and Peach Cocktail?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, any pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- 1 slice fresh peach
- 1½ oz white rum
- 1½ oz peach schnapps
- ½ oz lime juice
- ¼ oz simple syrup
- Cherries, peach wedge, and mint for garnish, optional
- Muddle the peach slice in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the rum, peach schnapps, lime juice and simple syrup.
- Shake well to combine.
- Pour over ice and garnish as desired. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 5gSugar: 46gProtein: 3g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to make this recipe into a full meal? Here are my suggestions!
- Appetizer: 7 Layer Dip Cups – An Easy Tex-Mex Appetizer for Parties!
- Soup: Pozole Rojo de Pollo (Red Pozole with Chicken)
- Salad: Mexican Bean Salsa
- Main Dish: Cuban Mojo Pork – Perfect For Making Cubano Sandwiches!
- Side Dish: Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Dessert: Classic Banana Cream Pie Recipe
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.