Craving a quick and healthy seafood meal? Look no further than this Air Fryer Cod Recipe.
Juicy cod fillets are seasoned with a tantalizing Smoky Mediterranean spice blend, air-fried to perfection, and served with homemade mango salsa.
Don’t have time for this recipe now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen, then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
While you may prefer to skip to the recipe card, we suggest reading the entire blog post to avoid missing valuable tips and substitution suggestions and to ensure you have the necessary ingredients, equipment, and understanding of the steps and timings.
Air Fryer Cod Recipe
Get ready to indulge your taste buds in a fish dish that combines flavors, textures, and nutrition in one delightful package!
Here are reasons why I think you’re going to love this air fryer cod recipe:
- It’s quick and easy to make – on the table in just over 25 minutes.
- Cod is a lean fish that provides a good source of protein, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a balanced diet.
- You can substitute cod in this recipe for any firm, white fish like snapper, grouper, halibut, or haddock, or try Air Fryer Sea Bass.
- The Smoky Mediterranean Spice Blend is a tantalizing combination of spices that enhances the flavor of the cod fillets.
- The air fryer provides even cooking, leaving the cod fillets tender and juicy.
- Compared to traditional frying methods, air frying reduces the oil used, resulting in a healthier meal.
- The homemade mango salsa adds a refreshing and tangy element to the dish, complementing the cod fillets perfectly. The smoky spice blend, paired with the tropical sweetness of the mango salsa, creates a delightful fusion of tastes.
- The vibrant colors of the dish make it visually appealing, and it makes a great entrée to serve at a dinner party.
With these enticing qualities, it’s no wonder why this cod cooked in an air fryer is a must-try for seafood lovers looking for a quick, healthy, and flavorful meal.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cod & Mango Salsa
- Fresh Produce – Red Onion, Garlic, Mango, Red and Green Jalapeños, Cilantro (Fresh Coriander), Limes, Lemons, Mixed or Micro Greens
- Cod Fillets – or any other firm white fish fillets such as Halibut, Tilapia, Pollack, Hake, or Grouper. Use a fish that is sustainable in your part of the world.
- Pantry – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Black Pepper
- Kinder’s Smoky Mediterranean Seasoning – if you are unable to source this prepared seasoning mixture, you can make it yourself by stirring the following herbs and spices together in a bowl. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
The complete list of ingredients with measurements is on the recipe card at the end of this post.
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save the recipe to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- Air Fryer – this is (one!) of the units we have. Cook times and instructions will vary among different air fryer units. Be sure to check the recommended guidelines for fish for your specific unit before preparing this recipe.
- Parchment Paper – also known as baking paper or greaseproof paper.
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping/Cutting Board
- Non-Reactive Mixing Bowls – such as glass, ceramic, stainless steel, or non-staining plastics like silicone. These bowls are ideal for preparing acidic foods like tomatoes, lemon juice, and vinegar.
- Pastry Brush – for brushing oil and seasoning on the fish.
- Cooking Tongs
The Purple Pumpkin Blog uses both cups and weighted measurements in its recipes, making American cups and kitchen food scales valuable tools for trying all the recipes. I provide US customary, imperial, and metric measurements. Still, it’s important to note that while you can combine cup measurements with weighted measures, never mix US customary/imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.) with metric (kilograms, grams, liters, etc.).
More Recipes Using White Fish
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is white fish, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Sicilian Caponata Recipe (Eggplant & Vegetable Dish) with Baked Cod
- Quick & Easy Lemon Lime White Fish Recipe Cooked in Foil Packets
- Sicilian Fish Stew Recipe with Halibut and Fresh Vegetables
- Seared Grouper in Lemon Thyme Sauce with Arugula Avocado Salad
- One-Pan Coconut Fish Curry Recipe Using Mild White Fish
How Do I Make Air Fryer Cod with Mango Salsa?
The printable recipe card with the full ingredients list and instructions can be found at the end of this post.
Step 1 – Prepare Mango Salsa: To make the mango salsa, place the red onion, garlic, mango, jalapeño pepper, fresh cilantro, and lime juice in a glass or other non-reactive bowl.
Season generously with salt and black pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
Step 2 – Preheat Air Fryer: Set the air fryer to the “Air Crisp” function if yours has that, and set the temperature to 400°F/200°C and set the timer to 6 minutes. Press “Start” to preheat the unit.
Step 3 – Season Cod Fillets: Place the cod fillets on parchment paper cut to fit the air fryer basket.
Brush the fillets on all sides with the olive oil and sprinkle with Kinder’s Smoky Mediterranean Seasoning.
Step 4 – Cook Cod Fillets: When the air fryer is ready, carefully place the parchment paper with the seasoned fish inside the basket with the lemon. Cook for 6 minutes.
Step 5 – Garnish & Serve: When the cooking time is complete, transfer the fish fillets to individual serving plates and top them with some of the Spicy Mango Salsa.
Serve immediately with some micro greens, as shown, or your choice of sides. Enjoy!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Looking for more dishes to make in your air fryer? Check these recipes out next:
- Air Fryer Steak with Roasted Garlic Compound Butter
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites with Homemade Ranch Dip
- Air Fryer Lemon Chicken Thighs & Potatoes Recipe
Air Fryer Cod Recipe Tips
- Cook times and instructions will vary among different air fryer units. Before preparing this recipe, check your unit’s recommended cod/white fish guidelines.
- For best results, prepare the Spicy Mango Salsa a day or two in advance to give the flavors a chance to fully develop.
- If using frozen fish fillets, thaw completely in the refrigerator and pat dry before preparing.
Printable Air Fryer Cod Recipe Card
To save ink, any demonstration photos on the recipe card do not print.
For the Spicy Mango Salsa
- ½ medium red onion, diced small
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 large mango, skin removed and diced
- ½ large red jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ large green jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves (fresh coriander), finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Fish
- 2 (6-oz/150g) fresh cod or other firm white fish fillets
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Kinder’s Smoky Mediterranean Seasoning
- ½ large lemon, cut into 4 pieces
- Mixed or micro greens, to serve
- To make the mango salsa, place the red onion, garlic, mango, jalapeño pepper, fresh cilantro, and lime juice in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Season generously with salt and black pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Set the air fryer to the “Air Crisp” function if yours has that, and set the temperature to 400°F/200°C and set the timer to 6 minutes. Press “Start” to preheat the unit.
- Place the cod fillets on parchment paper cut to fit the air fryer basket. Brush the fillets on all sides with the olive oil and sprinkle with Kinder’s Smoky Mediterranean Seasoning.
- When the air fryer is ready, carefully place the parchment paper with the seasoned fish inside the basket with the lemon. Cook for 6 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, transfer the fish fillets to individual serving plates and top them with some of the Spicy Mango Salsa. Serve immediately with some micro greens, as shown, or your choice of sides. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 489Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 168mgSodium: 580mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 8gSugar: 26gProtein: 63g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Dinner Party Menu Suggestions
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer: Baked Zucchini Fries & Greek Yogurt Dip
- Soup: Chilled Creamy Yellow Tomato and Pepper Soup
- Salad: Watermelon Feta Salad with Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Side Dish: 30-Minute Blackened Broccoli Recipe
- Dessert: Mexican Sweet Corn Cake with Cinnamon Churro Icing
- Beverage: Jalapeño Cantaloupe Margaritas
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.