Elevate your snacking experience with these Baked Zucchini Fries, coated in a delectable blend of panko breadcrumbs and parmesan. Pair them with a tangy Greek yogurt dip for a burst of flavor that will leave you craving more. Serve them up as part of your entrée or alongside some other veggie dishes for an appetizer.
Don’t have time for this recipe now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I know that readers like to skip to the recipe card, but I recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Baked Zucchini Fries
Get ready to experience a delectable twist on traditional fries with this irresistible recipe for baked zucchini fries paired with a creamy Greek yogurt dip.
These fries are an alternative to their potato counterparts, offering a delightful crunch and a burst of flavor.
Whether you’re serving them as a party appetizer, as a side dish, or as a delightful snack, these courgette (zucchini) fries are sure to impress!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, ingredients, and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon, Amazon Fresh, or other stores if available online.
Ingredients Needed For Baked Zucchini Fries
- Fresh Produce – Zucchini (Courgettes), Lemon, Parsley, Dill
- Dairy – Parmesan Cheese, Greek Yogurt,
- Other Fresh Ingredients – Eggs
- Pantry – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Black Pepper
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Cooking Spray – use your preferred oil – olive, avocado, canola, etc.,
The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found on the recipe card at the end of this post.
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save the recipe to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping/Cutting Board
- Shallow Dishes – for dredging station
- Baking/Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper – also known as baking paper or greaseproof paper.
- Kitchen Tongs
- Rubber/Silicone Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use cups and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American US customary, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, that you can mix cup measurements with weighted measures, but never mix US customary/imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, liters, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Zucchini
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is zucchini, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Crispy Zucchini Fries with Marinara Sauce – Gluten-Free Appetizer
- Spiced Pecan Zucchini Bread Recipe for Afternoon Tea
- Zucchini Dip Recipe
- Zucchini + Eggs
- Cheesy Courgette Crustless Mini Quiche Recipe
How Do I Make Baked Zucchini Fries?
The printable recipe card with the full ingredients list and instructions can be found at the end of this post.
Step 1 – Preheat & Prep: Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Step 2 – Set Up Dredging Station: Whisk the eggs together with salt and pepper to taste in a shallow dish.
In a second shallow dish, mix together the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
Step 3 – Dredge Zucchini: Dip each piece of zucchini into the beaten egg mixture, allowing the excess egg to drain off each piece. Transfer the zucchini to the seasoned breadcrumbs and turn to evenly coat.
Step 4 – Arrange Zucchini: Arrange the zucchini fries onto the prepared baking sheet in a single uniform layer, and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Lightly spray them with cooking spray.
Step 5 – Bake Zucchini Fries: Place the zucchini fries in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crispy and golden, flipping halfway through.
Step 6 – Make Dipping Sauce: Place the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, and dill in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
Step 7 – Serve: Transfer the baked zucchini fries to a serving platter alongside the bowl of dipping sauce. Enjoy!
More Dip Recipes
Looking for more dips to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Easy To Make Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip (Htipiti)
- Quick & Easy White Bean Dip with Seasoned Pita Chips
- Garden Fresh Tomatillo Salsa Verde – A Dip for Tortilla Chips!
- Whipped Feta Dip with Black Olives and Cherry Tomatoes
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Zucchini naturally contains a lot of natural moisture, so it can be challenging to get crispy results when baking it in the oven.
- For this reason, the best results are achieved from small, firm zucchini in this recipe.
- You may also want to remove any large or excess seeds prior to dredging each piece in the seasoned breadcrumbs.
Printable Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe Card
To save ink, any demonstration photos on the recipe card do not print.
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced into matchsticks, excess seeds removed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Cooking spray
For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh dill chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Whisk the eggs together with salt and pepper to taste in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, mix together the panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip each piece of zucchini into the beaten egg mixture, allowing the excess egg to drain off each piece. Transfer the zucchini to the seasoned breadcrumbs and turn to evenly coat.
- Arrange the zucchini fries onto the prepared baking sheet in a single uniform layer, and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Lightly spray them with cooking spray.
- Place the zucchini fries in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crispy and golden, flipping halfway through.
- Place the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, and dill in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- Transfer the baked zucchini fries to a serving platter alongside the bowl of dipping sauce. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 536mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Dinner Party Menu Suggestions
You’ve made the appetizer, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Soup: Vichyssoise Recipe- A Chilled Creamy Leek & Potato Soup
- Salad: Apple Walnut Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Main Dish: Crispy Salmon with Herb Butter and Summer Vegetables
- Side Dish: Tri-Color Roasted Rosemary Potatoes Recipe – A Quick Side Dish
- Beverage: Refreshing Watermelon Vodka Slush Cocktail with Lime
- Dessert: Berry Cheesecake Parfaits
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.