Embrace the refreshing delight of watermelon, with this delicious and vibrant Watermelon Feta Salad. Simply roughly chop your melon, feta, and arugula before drizzling with a homemade lime-cilantro vinaigrette. A perfect summer salad!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Watermelon Feta Salad
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading all the way through for any tips or substitute suggestions, to ensure that you have any specialized ingredients and equipment required and that you understand the steps and timings involved.
Watermelon and Feta cheese make such a perfect pair. The saltiness of the Feta is the perfect complement to the inherent sweetness of the watermelon.
When paired with the peppery taste of fresh arugula and the tangy goodness of the homemade lime-cilantro vinaigrette, you’ve got an incredible taste sensation that is sure to become a new family favorite.
The flavor of watermelon reminds me of summer, and we like to use it in lots of different ways here on The Purple Pumpkin Blog!
This watermelon salad is so easy to make and perfect when entertaining guests or as a light lunch on a hot sunny day.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Limes, Cilantro (Fresh Coriander), Arugula (Rocket), Small Seedless Watermelon (the rind is used as serving bowls for the salad)
- Dairy – Feta Cheese
- Grapeseed Oil – you can use a light olive oil if you prefer.
- Dijon Mustard
- Honey – try to buy locally produced honey when possible.
- Ground Cumin
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Watermelon
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is watermelon, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Whipped Feta & Watermelon Bites
- Cucumber Feta Watermelon Skewers Party Appetizer with Balsamic Glaze
- Frozen Watermelon Slush Mocktail (or Spike It With Booze!)
More Savory Fruit Salad Recipes
Looking for more salads with fruit? Check these recipes out next:
- Strawberry Feta Salad with Pecans and a Balsamic Glaze
- Fig and Roasted Fennel Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Orange Pomegranate Salad with Goat Cheese, Avocado & Pecans
- If possible, prepare the lime-cilantro vinaigrette in advance to give the flavors a chance to develop.
- Carefully scoop the melon flesh from the rind, to create bowls to serve the salad in!
How Do I Make Watermelon Feta Salad?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
For the Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (+ extra sprigs for garnish)
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 2 small chilled seedless watermelons, cut in half
- 4 oz (100g) Feta cheese, cut into evenly sized pieces
- 4 cups fresh arugula (rocket)
- To prepare the vinaigrette, add all ingredients to a medium glass bowl and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and set aside.
- Cut watermelons in half, then carefully remove and reserve the flesh in a large bowl. (Cut the watermelon into bite-sized pieces, if necessary).
- Pat the inside of each empty watermelon rind with a paper towel to dry. Set aside to use as serving bowls for the finished salad.
- Add Feta cheese and arugula to the bowl with the watermelon. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- To serve, transfer the watermelon-Feta mixture to the reserved watermelon rind "bowls" and garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 459mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 6g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the salad, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: How to Assemble An Italian Charcuterie Board For Parties & Entertaining
- Soup: Gluten-Free Gazpacho Recipe with Chickpea “Croutons”
- Main Dish: Mediterranean Grouper with Tomato-Cucumber Salad
- Side Dish: Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
- Beverage: Sparkling Mexican Paloma Cocktail with Blanco Tequila & Grapefruit
- Dessert: Creamy Banana Frozen Yogurt
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.