Do you find yourself having the same food for lunch, day in, day out? Stuck for ideas of what to prepare for packed lunches for work? You’ve hit the right page on the internet as I’ve got 21 Yummy Finger Foods & Food On Sticks that are fab and fun for lunch boxes!
Finger Foods & Food On Sticks
This set of finger foods and food on sticks is the next in a series of packed lunch ideas coming to you in the next few months.
I decided to create this series as lunch is one of those meals that I always struggle with. I have worked from home for the past 12+ years, and it’s really easy to carry on working through and not take break.
I was meal prepping for a while, but it fell to the wayside due to personal circumstances. But, we’re slowly returning to prepping meals in advance – including lunches that my husband can take to work, and I can grab out of the fridge at home. Ideally I should stop work and enjoy my lunch – that’s my next goal – but at the moment I eat at my desk and do something non-work related on the computer instead.
Maybe you want to save money and take your own lunches to work with you. Or perhaps you are a stay-at-home parent, or work from home and want to have lunch prepared so you can grab something without having to think too much.
These finger foods and food on sticks recipes (and this packed lunch series) is aimed at adults – but of course any one can enjoy these recipes. Food on sticks is always fun! I like storing packed lunches in glass jars (Mason, Kilner etc) as it keeps the food really fresh, and you can prep the food several days in advance (at the weekend for example, for the working week). For kids, why not use some cute bento boxes and accessories to make lunchtime fun. Bento boxes are so popular these days, and you can find a ton of great ideas on Pinterest.
As with all of my roundups, there are recipes from my blog as well as from lots of lovely food blogs from around the world. I have made all of links to the finger foods and food on stick recipes open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place in the list.
- Chicken Yakitori Skewers – Flavour & Savour
- Homemade Sushi – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Mint & Honey Hawaiian Shrimp Skewers – Home & Plate
- Honey & Mustard Chicken Drumsticks with Apple-Potato Salad – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Antipasto Skewers – Honey & Birch
This post contains Amazon Affiliate and other affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to this me.
- Veggie Pinewheels – Ruchis Kitchen
- Vegan Tofu Yakitori Skewers – Rhian’s Recipes
- Southwest Chicken Skewers – Confessions of a Fit Foodie
- Tortellini Skewers – Diethood
- Coronation Chicken Skewers with Mango Dip – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Mini Cheese Balls on a Stick -Flavour & Savour
- Pepperoni & Pineapple Skewers – Paleo Scaleo
- Baked Tofu Veggie Skewers with Lemon-Rosemary Marinade – Glue & Glitter
- Lasagna Cupcakes – A Mind “Full” Mom
- Antipasto Skewers – Salt & Lavender
- Dolmades (Stuffed Vine Leaves) – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Devilled Eggs – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Caprese Salad Skewers – Wholesome Yum
- Ham Roll Ups – Wholesome Yum
- Sausage Rolls – Caroline’s Cooking
- Corn Dog Muffins – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Jalapeño Cheddar Sweet Potato Puffs – The Lean Green Bean
Many of these recipes would make great party foods! Pair them with cocktails like this fresh watermelon cocktail.
More in the Packed Lunch Series:
- 23+ Wrap & Sandwich Recipes
- 17+ Tasty Bowl Foods
- 11+ Delicious Rice Salads
- 17 of the Best Bean Salads
- 19+ Noodle & Pasta Salads
- 21+ Amazing Grain Salads
- Salads with Meat
- Salads with Fish and Shellfish
- Salads with Eggs
- 17+ Tempting Cheese Salads
- 13+ Awesome Vegetable Salads
- Vegan Salads
- Egg Based Lunches
- Finger Foods/Foods on Sticks