Do you find yourself having the same food for lunch, day in, day out? Stuck for ideas of what to prepare for packed lunches for work? You’ve hit the right page on the internet as I’ve got 21+ Amazing Grain Salads made with ingredients like quinoa, buckwheat, millet, and more. These grain salads are perfect packed into a lunch box or mason jar for food on the go.
This set of grain salads is the next in a series of packed lunch ideas coming to you in the next months.
I decided to create this series as lunch is one of those meals that I always struggle with. I have worked from home for the past 12+ years, and it’s really easy to carry on working through and not take break.
I was meal prepping for a while, but it fell to the wayside due to personal circumstances. But, we’re slowly returning to prepping meals in advance – including lunches that my husband can take to work, and I can grab out of the fridge at home. Ideally I should stop work and enjoy my lunch – that’s my next goal – but at the moment I eat at my desk and do something non-work related on the computer instead.
Maybe you want to save money and take your own lunches to work with you. Or perhaps you are a stay-at-home parent, or work from home and want to have lunch prepared so you can grab something without having to think too much.
These grain salads (and this packed lunch series) is aimed at adults – but of course any one can enjoy a delicious salad! I like storing packed lunch salads in glass jars (Mason, Kilner etc) as it keeps the food really fresh, and you can prep the food several days in advance (at the weekend for example, for the working week). For kids, why not use some cute bento boxes and accessories to make lunchtime fun. Bento boxes are so popular these days, and you can find a ton of great ideas on Pinterest.
As with all of my roundups, there are recipes from my blog as well as from lots of lovely food blogs from around the world. I have made all of links to the rice salads open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place in the list.
The salad recipes in this post contain grains like quinoa, wheat berry, millet, farro, kaniwa, ancient grains, and bulgar wheat. It also includes couscous and giant (Israeli) couscous. Whilst couscous isn’t a grain (it’s actually a type of pasta) it looks like a grain and I felt it suited this roundup of recipes.
- Veggie, Almond & Chickpea Quinoa Pilaf – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Wheat Berry Salad with Beets & Feta – The View From Great Island
- Quinoa Citrus Salad with Salmon & Avocado – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Nectarine Quinoa Buckwheat Tabbouleh – Rhian’s Recipes
- Giant Couscous Salad with Roasted Aubergine, Parsley & Pomegranate – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
This post contains Amazon Affiliate and other affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to this me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here!
- Giant Couscous Antipasti Salad – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Greek Inspired Couscous Salad – Sprinkles & Sprouts
- Spinach Pesto Israeli Couscous with Prawns – My Kitchen Love
- Spicy Couscous Salad – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Couscous Salad with Pesto, Goat Cheese, and Veggies – The Kittchen
- Quinoa Salad with Sesame Soy Dressing – Loving It Vegan
- Ancient Grain Salad – The View From Great Island
- Kaniwa Salad – Posh Journal
- Mediterranean Lentil Quinoa Rice Salad – Garden In The Kitchen
- Pilafi Pourgouri (Bulgar Wheat) – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Greek Millet Salad – Veggies Save The Day
- Farro Salad with Goats Cheese, Chicken & Spinach – The Kittchen
- Three Grain Tabbouleh – Vegan In The Freezer
- Tomato Basil Couscous Salad – Savory Experiments
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad – Salt & Lavender
- Fruit, Herb & Feta Israeli Couscous Salad – Caroline’s Cooking
- Spicy Buckwheat & Mung Bean Salad – Yumsome
Want more salad recipes?
Check out my Pinterest Salads Board…
More In Packed Lunch Series & Coming soon…
- 23+ Wrap & Sandwich Recipes
- 17+ Tasty Bowl Foods
- Rice Salads
- Bean Salads
- 19+ Noodle & Pasta Salads
- Grain Salads (Quinoa, Buckwheat, Ancient Grains etc)
- Salads with Meat
- Salads with Fish and Shellfish
- Salads with Eggs
- Cheese Salads
- Vegetable Salads
- Vegan Salads
- Egg Based Lunches
- Finger Foods/Foods on Sticks
Please feel free to share these 21+ Amazing Grain Salads by using the social buttons at the bottom of this post!
Don’t forget that you can also join The Pumpkin Patch for member exclusive freebies, offers, and more.
Follow The Purple Pumpkin Blog posts on Feedly or on Bloglovin’ so that you don’t miss out!
Save this post to Pinterest for later! ⬇️