I’m back with some more delicious afternoon tea recipes, specifically ones for those with special dietary requirements. So today I’m sharing vegan, gluten-free, keto and low carb afternoon tea recipes.
At the time of writing this, it is Afternoon Tea Week – I love afternoon tea – it’s one of those quintessential British traditions, and I’m all about keeping traditions alive! What is there not to love about dainty finger sandwiches, scrumptious cakes, and crumbly biscuits? Not forgetting lots of cups of tea – or a glass of fizz if you fancy!
I’ve rounded up a selection of recipes – from my own blog, as well as from some fabulous bloggers, that you can prepare at home for afternoon tea. I’m sure there will be something here to tickle your taste buds. And if you’re not a baker or cake maker, don’t forget, it doesn’t hurt to buy some delicious treats from the shops to serve for this afternoon treat!
I have made all of links to the Gluten-Free; Vegan; Keto; and Low Carb Afternoon Tea Recipes open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place in the list.
Keto/Low Carb Afternoon Tea Recipes
- Low Carb Almond Flour Biscuits – Low Carb Yum
- Low Carb Butter Cookies with Almond Flour – Savory Tooth
- Low Carb Raspberry Earl Grey Tea Cookies – My Life Cookbook
- Keto & Gluten-Free Cinnamon Cloud Bread – Creative Green Living
- Low Carb/Gluten-Free Cranberry Almond Biscotti – Low Carb Yum
- Keto Avocado Brownies – My PCOS Kitchen
- Low Carb, Keto, Sugar-Free Carrot Cake – Wholesome Yum
- Low Carb, No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie – Low Carb Yum
- Low Carb Hazelnut Cookies – Low Carb Yum
- Keto Pound Cake – Two Sleevers
- Keto, Low Carb No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake – Joy Filled Eats
This post contains Amazon Affiliate and other affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to this me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here!
Afternoon tea was introduced in England by Anna, the seventh Duchess of Bedford, in the year 1840. The Duchess would become hungry around four o’clock in the afternoon. The evening meal in her household was served fashionably late at eight o’clock, thus leaving a long period of time between lunch and dinner. The Duchess asked that a tray of tea, bread and butter (some time earlier, the Earl of Sandwich had had the idea of putting a filling between two slices of bread) and cake be brought to her room during the late afternoon. This became a habit of hers and she began inviting friends to join her. – Historic UK
Gluten Free & Vegan Afternoon Tea Recipes
- Gluten-Free Summer Fruit Tarts – Wild Mama Tribe
- Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake – Low Carb Yum
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Quinoa Avocado Chocolate Fudge Cake – Nest & Glow
- Gluten-Free, Vegan Strawberry Cake – Rhian’s Recipes
- Vegan Pumpkin Scones – Delightful Adventures
- Gluten-Free, Paleo Spiced Apple Loaf – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes – Rhian’s Recipes
- Gluten-Free Tangerine Cake – The View From Great Island
- Earl Grey Vegan Cake with Lemon Frosting – A Virtual Vegan
- Spiced Pumpkin & Walnut Tea Loaf – The Purple Pumpkin Blog (This one is here by mistake – it’s not gluten-free unfortunately, but I’ve left the recipe here to match the picture above)
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes with Cashew Cream Frosting – Loving It Vegan
- Gluten-Free, Vegan Vanilla Cake with Summer Berries – The Loopy Whisk
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Almond Macaroons – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Gluten-Free, Dairy- Free Cinnamon Balls – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Gluten-Free Banana Bread – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Coconut Raisin Vegan Scones – Delightful Adventures
And if you want even more recipes, check out these 50 Afternoon Tea Recipes!
You might also like to check out my Afternoon Tea decorations, made using the Cricut Explore. And also read about the book I reviewed by Eric Lanlard, which was filled with traditional, and more contemporary recipes, and well worth buying – if only to drool at the pictures alone!
Please feel free to share these Gluten-Free; Vegan; Keto; & Low Carb Afternoon Tea Recipes by using the social buttons at the bottom of this post!
Don’t forget that you can also join The Pumpkin Patch for member exclusive freebies, offers, and more.
Follow The Purple Pumpkin Blog posts on Feedly or on Bloglovin’ so that you don’t miss out!
Save this post to Pinterest for later!