This Green Bean Salad is the perfect accompaniment to your barbecue grilled fish and meat. Prepared and ready to eat in under 20-minutes, it is an attractive dish, combining fresh green beans, tomatoes, fresh herbs, Feta, and vinaigrette.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
If you grow your own, this Green Bean Salad would taste even better with your homegrown produce! You can’t get food any fresher than the food you grow and pick yourself!
This versatile salad combines garden fresh herbs and veggies with the delicious salty flavor of Feta cheese. As an added bonus, it takes less than 20 minutes to put together and can be enjoyed either warm or cold.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Green Beans, Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Basil, Parsley
- Dairy – Feta Cheese
- Sherry Vinegar – alternatively, you could use Red Wine Vinegar
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Feta
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is Feta, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Cucumber Feta Watermelon Skewers Party Appetizer with Balsamic Glaze
- Apple and Feta Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- Greek Steak Salad with Feta & Kalamata Olives
More Salad Recipes
Looking for more salads to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Chicken Strawberry Salad with Feta and Pecans & Homemade Dressing
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Feta & Olives
- Greek Orzo Salad with Feta
How Do I Make Green Bean Salad?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1½ lbs. fresh green beans, tips removed and cut in half
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 1 T. fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 T. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. Feta cheese, crumbled
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until crisp tender, approximately 3-4 minutes. Drain the green beans and then transfer to a large bowl of ice water to prevent further cooking.
- Remove green beans from the ice bath and pat dry before adding to a large glass or other non-reactive bowl. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, olive oil, and vinegar to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Gently fold in crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately. Salad can also be chilled and served cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 9g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the salad, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: Balsamic Mozzarella Stuffed Grape Tomatoes
- Soup: Gluten-Free Gazpacho Recipe with Chickpea “Croutons”
- Main Dish: Mediterranean Grouper with Tomato-Cucumber Salad
- Side Dish: Butter Parsley Baby Potatoes in the Instant Pot
- Beverage: Grapefruit Margaritas
- Dessert: Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.