This Jack Skellington Ornament craft is just the thing to make if you are a fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas! The classic Mickey-Head shape gets a Jack twist with his sharp, black and white striped suit and bowtie. The ornament is so simple to make using construction paper or cardstock and will look awesome on your Halloween tree!
(Or if you’ve not jumped on the latest trend for putting up a tree at Halloween, then you can always make these for your Christmas tree instead.) This Disney craft is fun for all ages and is made very easily using a free printable template and cardstock. Read on to find out how to make this cool ornament!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Jack Skellington Ornament
I was putting up a Halloween tree before it was Instagram cool! In fact, I’ve got two Halloween trees – I put them up as early as possible (usually September!) just so that I can enjoy them before Halloween is over (and then they are replaced not long after by my Disney Christmas tree!)
I LOVE The Nightmare Before Christmas (to be fair, I love all of Tim Burton’s films!) and you’ll find me buying anything with Jack, Sally, or any of the NBC cast of characters on it! But to save some money, and to have something really unique, why not make your own Nightmare ornaments?
Related Reading: 54 Not-So-Scary Movies for Halloween
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft. I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following color:
- Black (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- White (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Jack Skellington Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
How To Make Jack Skellington Ornaments
Assembling your Jack Skellington ornament is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto white card and cut the pieces out.
Space out the ears pieces evenly and use a glue stick to attach behind the top of Jack’s body/Mickey’s head, then glue the bow tie to the bottom of the body/head.
The option to add glitter is up to you – you could add it to Jack’s bowtie or shirt, or all over if you wanted to. Carefully apply white school glue to the areas you want to add some sparkle, sprinkle the applicable color glitter and shake off the excess. Leave to dry completely.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
Jack needs his Sally, so you can make her too so that they can sit together now and forever… Grab the Sally Skellington ornament tutorial.
Download Jack Skellington Template
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Frankenstein Mickey & Minnie Paper Ornaments Craft
- Handmade Maleficent Ornament | Disney Paper Craft
- Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Ornament Craft
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: White
- Black, and White Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Jack ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Cut out and set aside.
- Space the ears evenly apart and stick behind the top of the head with a glue stick.
- Then glue Jack's bowtie to the bottom of the head.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the parts you want to add sparkle to and sprinkle the glitter over. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Jack Skellington ornament on your tree!