This Sally Skellington Ornament is made with construction paper or cardstock and is so easy to assemble using a free printable template! Turn a classic Mickey-Head shape into Sally’s patchwork dress and hang the ornament on your Halloween tree!
(Or if you’ve not jumped on the latest trend for putting up a tree at Halloween, then you can always make these for your Christmas tree instead.) This Disney craft is fun for all ages. Read on to find out how to make these awesome Sally Skellington decoration!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Sally Skellington Ornament
Whether you put up a tree for Halloween or not (I say you should because Halloween is the BEST!) this handmade ornament is a fab decoration for the spookiest time of the year. Now I know there is the argument that The Nightmare Before Christmas is a Christmas movie, and not a Halloween one – but I personally say that it is both! I watch it year-round anyways!
So you can hang your Sally ornament (and I know she is not officially called Sally Skellington, but in some Tim Burton universe Jack and Sally got married!) on a Halloween tree or Christmas tree and she will belong. Don’t forget to make a Jack Skellington ornament to go alongside her, after all, they are simply meant to be.
There are plenty more Disney ornament crafts on their way to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, so make sure you are part of The Pumpkin Patch (details below) so that you don’t miss the tutorials when they are released!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
Full instructions are found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post, but here is a quick outline so you know what to expect from the craft. I highly recommend always reading everything all the way through before starting any project so you understand all the steps required.
A few simple craft supplies are needed for this paper ornament:
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors:
- Light Blue
- Bright Pink
- Black (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Red (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- Teal (Fine) Glitter (optional)
- School Glue/White PVA Glue
- Glue Stick
- Black String or Ribbon – for hanging your completed ornament
- Laminator – optional, but you can laminate your ornaments if you wish
- Mickey Mouse Ornament Template – as with [most of] my free printables, this is available in two different sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). You’ll find the downloads below, surrounded by a purple box.
How To Make Sally Skellington Ornaments
Assembling your Sally ornament is really easy – here is how you do it!
Simply print the template onto the corresponding colored paper or card and cut the pieces out. Alternatively, you could print onto regular paper and trace around the pieces onto the colored card, especially if you are worried that it won’t go through your printer. You will have to draw on the patterns of her patchwork dress though.
Space out the ears pieces evenly and use a glue stick to attach behind the top. Then glue the patchwork pieces of Sally’s dress to the head part, stick the bow between her ears, and finally attach the patchwork piece to the bow. Use the photos as a guide.
If you want to add glitter to your ornament (the option is up to you) apply white school glue to the areas you want to add sparkle. Shake over some glitter in the corresponding color and tap off the excess. Leave to dry.
You could add glitter to Sally’s Mickey Ears, to her bow, or to the dots on her dress.
Just one more step which is sticking a loop of black string or ribbon to the back of the ornaments. Leave everything to dry completely before hanging on your tree!
If you want the decorations to last longer, you could run them through a laminator before attaching the hanging loop. When cutting out after laminating the ornaments, make sure you leave a slight edge so that the laminating sheets do not come apart!
Download Sally Skellington Template
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for both premium and FREE printables that you won’t find on my main blog!
More Disney Ornament Crafts
Here are some other Disney character ornaments for you to make after this one!
- Frankenstein Mickey & Minnie Paper Ornaments Craft
- Handmade Maleficent Ornament | Disney Paper Craft
- Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Ornament Craft
- Construction Paper or Cardstock in the following colors: Light Blue, Red, Yellow, Teal, Bright Pink
- Black, Red, and Teal Fine Glitter (optional)
- Black String or Ribbon
- White School Glue (PVA Glue)
- Glue Stick
- Laminator & Laminating Sheets (optional)
- Download and print out the Sally ornament template onto corresponding colored papers or cardstock (Link in the blog post). Cut out and set aside.
- Space the ears evenly apart and stick behind the top of the head with a glue stick.
- Then glue on Sally's patchwork dress pieces, hairbow and the patch on the bow.
- If you are adding glitter, apply white school glue to the parts you want to add sparkle to and sprinkle the glitter over. Shake off the excess and leave to dry.
- Finally, form a hanging loop with a piece of string or ribbon and stick to the back of the ornament.
- If you want, you can laminate the ornaments so that it lasts longer. Before attaching the loop, run it through a laminator and cut away the excess. Make sure you leave a slight edge as you cut it out so that the laminating sheets don't fall away! Attach the loop to back.
- Hang your Sally Skellington ornament on your tree!