This Roasted Artichoke Mozzarella Salad complete with artichoke hearts, garlic, arugula, tomatoes, capers, fresh herbs, mozzarella and dressed with balsamic vinaigrette is simply out of this world!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Roasted Artichoke Mozzarella Salad
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
One of the best parts about Summer is the availability of all of the fresh ingredients to use in salads. Whenever I share a salad recipe I always mention how much I love salads, and this time around is no different!
This recipe is made using canned or jarred artichoke hearts that are roasted in the oven with garlic and herbs. Artichoke has a lovely earthy, almost nutty flavor that is lifted by roasting them in this way.
With the addition of a variety of other ingredients including mozzarella balls, tomatoes, basil, and capers, it is just packed with amazing flavor.
Another great thing about this artichoke hearts recipe is that it works well as a side dish and as a main dish for vegetarians. So if you are hosting a Summer dinner party and are looking for a versatile dish that will work in a variety of ways, this artichoke salad definitely won’t disappoint.
Ingredients Used In This Recipe
You may already have some of the ingredients used in this recipe, but for your convenience, any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon below. The full list with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Artichoke Hearts – available in cans or jars. Jarred artichokes are often marinated and packed in oil, canned are usually in brine. Since this recipe will be adding oil and herbs to roast them, try to get the vegetables that are in brine.
- Italian Seasoning
- Capers – usually available in jars packed in brine. They are the small flower buds of the Capparis shrub that grows in the Mediterranean and add distinctive sour/salty flavour to many savory dishes.
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
This recipe uses American cups. They’re a handy piece of kitchen equipment to have along with a kitchen food scale. Having both in your kitchen means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog as I use both cups and weighted measures.
More Salad Recipes
Want to make more salads? Take a look at these recipes next:
How Do I Make Roasted Artichoke Mozzarella Salad?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients, and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (14 oz / 400g) can or jar artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups fresh arugula (rocket)
- 1 pint/300g cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium red onion, cut in half and sliced
- 3 Tbsp capers, drained
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 oz small fresh Mozzarella balls, cut in half
- Sprigs of fresh herbs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat.
- Pat the artichoke hearts dry and transfer to a large bowl. Add one tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, and the minced garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss to combine.
- Arrange the seasoned artichokes on the prepared baking sheet in a single, uniform layer and place in the pre-heated oven to roast until tender and slightly browned around the edges, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- While the artichokes roast, combine the fresh arugula, tomatoes, red onion, capers, and fresh herbs in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk together until emulsified. Set aside.
- Remove the artichokes from the oven and cool for several minutes before adding to the salad. Toss to combine and top with fresh Mozzarella.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if using, and serve immediately with the balsamic dressing. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 561mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 12g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You could serve this salad as a starter/appetizer, as a main dish, or even as part of a tapas/meze style meal.
Here are additional recipes for your dinner party menu.
- Appetizer: Mediterranean Layer Dip with Hummus, Feta, and Fresh Vegetables
- Main Dish: Chicken Parmigiana & Spaghetti Bake
- Beverage: Fresh Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade – Summer Mocktail or Cocktail Mixer!
- Dessert: Delicious & Easy Lemon Hand Pies
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!