Be swept away on a tropical adventure with this fruity Jungle Cruise Cocktail with rum and tequila!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Jungle Cruise Cocktail
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Inspired by the classic Disney attraction and movie starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt, this adult beverage is a refreshing way to cool off on a hot day, and can also be served as a punch bowl drink at your next party!
Why not pair it with some of our other Jungle Cruise treats?
- Make This Yummy Jungle Cruise Snack Mix for Your Intrepid Explorers!
- Make These Disney Jungle Cruise Cupcakes For Your Next Adventure!
- Jungle Cruise Cookies – Chocolate Coconut Cookies with Macadamia Nuts
Ingredients Used In This Cocktail
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Orange Juice
- Lime Syrup
- Silver Tequila – use your prefered brand
- Spiced Rum – use your prefered brand
- Coconut Rum – such as Malibu
- Grenadine – a pomegranate syrup that adds a deep red hue to cocktails, often used to create a “sunrise” effect by mixing with orange juice.
- Pineapple Wedges & Leaves – for garnish, optional
This cocktail is shaken, but don’t worry if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you could just use a container with a tight-fitting lid – like a mason jar or even the cup on a blender or smoothie maker.
More Tropical Cocktails To Make
Want to make more cocktails? I think you’re going to love these ones:
- How To Make Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Cocktails
- How To Make Frozen Piña Colada Cocktails for Summer!
- Tropical Paradise Cocktail with Rum & Banana Liqueur
Jungle Cruise Cocktail Variations
I like to try and give variations on the cocktails shared on The Purple Pumpkin Blog, like how to turn the cocktail into a mocktail so that non-drinkers (and kids if suitable) can enjoy the drink too!
Virgin Jungle Cruise Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
So that non-drinkers can enjoy a Jungle Cruise Mocktail there are a few easy tweaks to make!
I love the Monin brand of syrups as there are lots of flavors and they are a very versatile ingredient that can be used in cocktails, mocktails, coffee, cocoa, shakes, smoothies, and more.
You can mimic the spiced rum flavor using spiced brown sugar syrup, the coconut rum with coconut syrup, and more lime syrup for the tequila – replace the alcohols in the recipe card with the syrups. I recommend adding the syrups to taste as they may add a sweetness that you may not necessarily get from alcoholic liquors.
For kids, simply pour orange juice over some ice and slowly drizzle in some grenadine for a pretty sunrise effect.
Non-drinking adults who still want the tequila or rum flavors could experiment with non-alcoholic alternatives:
- If you’re in the US, you could try Ritual Tequila Alternative – a zero-alcohol tequila
- In the UK you could try Mockingbird which is alcohol-free and humbly mimicking the taste of Tequila by using authentic Mexican Blue Weber Agave.
- White Cane Spirit from Lyre’s – “This unique spirit has been impossibly crafted to capture the essence of a gently aged white rum with flavours that are distinct and contemporary.” Their website has international versions too, including the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe, so they’re worth checking out for non-alcoholic alternatives!
Frozen Jungle Cruise
Want to turn this drink into a frozen slushie? Easy! Put all the ingredients in a blender with a generous amount of crushed ice – then blend till smooth. Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze! You could do the same with the mocktail version too.
Jungle Cruise Cocktail For a Crowd!
Want to make a big batch of this tropical adult beverage for a party or gathering? It’s so easy!
As long as you use the same measuring container (glass, cup, jug, etc.,) for the “1 part”, the ratios will be correct and you can make as much as you need to.
Make sure you add plenty of ice to your serving receptacle of choice to keep the cocktail chilled.
Why not skewer some pineapple chunks onto cocktail picks for guests to garnish their drink?
When setting up your bar serving area, included cocktail glasses, small napkins, a filled ice bucket, stirrers, and themed cocktail decorations if suitable!
To make a big batch of Jungle Cruise rum and tequila cocktail, mix together:
- 6 parts Orange Juice
- ½ part Lime Syrup
- 1½ parts Silver Tequila
- 1½ parts Spiced Rum
- 1½ parts Coconut Rum
- 1½ parts Grenadine
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence. Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make Jungle Cruise Cocktail?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, any pics don’t print to save your ink).
- 6 oz Orange Juice, divided
- ½ oz Lime Syrup
- 1½ oz Silver Tequila
- 1½ oz Spiced Rum
- 1½ oz Coconut Rum
- 1½ oz Grenadine
- Pineapple wedges and leaves to decorate, optional
- Place 3oz orange juice, lime syrup, silver tequila, spiced rum, into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well to blend and divide between 2 (8oz) glasses filled with ice.
- Using the shaker again, shake the remaining orange juice, coconut rum, and grenadine and pour into the glasses.
- Top with fresh pineapple wedges and leaves.
- Enjoy and Happy Jungle Cruising!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 1gSugar: 47gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to make this recipe into a full meal? Here are my suggestions!
- Appetizer: Garden Fresh Tomatillo Salsa Verde – A Delicious Dip for Tortilla Chips!
- Main Dish: Slow Cooker Spicy Pineapple Pork
- Side Dish: Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Dessert: Make These Disney Jungle Cruise Cupcakes For Your Next Adventure!
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.