COOK Recipes Baking Biscuits + Cookies Food + Drink
Day 26 – Cook, Craft, Create: December 2012
For day 26 of Cook, Craft, Create: December: 2012 I’m sharing a recipe for Macadamia and Cranberry Biscotti.
Macadamia & Cranberry Biscotti
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 70 mins
Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
- 300g (10oz) plain flour
- 200g (7oz) caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g (5oz) macadamia nuts and dried cranberry mix
- Pre-heat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Mix the flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla together
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then add the macadamia nuts and cranberries
- Bring everything together into a sticky dough
- Divide the dough in half and form into a flat sausage shape about 25cm (10″) long by 5cm (2″) wide
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until pale golden – the dough will spread a little
- Remove from the oven and slide onto a chopping board and immediately slice into thin pieces about 1cm (½”) wide.
- Lay the slices back onto the baking sheet and bake for a further 10-15 mins, before turning over and baking for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack
- Store in an airtight container – the biscotti will keep for a couple of weeks