If you are stuck making the same side dishes for dinner, then you are going to have to try this roasted cauliflower mash recipe! This yummy side is more than just a simple mash – it contains so many delicious ingredients that it’s almost a meal in itself!
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
I have included links to some useful cooking products in this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a small commission.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roasted Cauliflower Mash
Mashed cauliflower is a great low carb alternative to mashed potatoes, but you don’t have to specifically be eating low carb to enjoy this dish!
So what goes into this cauliflower side dish other than the main veg itself? Well you’ve read the title, so you’ll know that there are also apples, and Brussels sprouts. But there is more…
The cauliflower is roasted with apples, shallots, and rosemary, and then once it is mashed it is topped with crispy Brussels sprouts, warm cherries and pistachios. You can get the printable recipe at the end of this post.
I think you’ll agree that this is no ordinary roasted cauliflower mash! With all of the delicious additions I think it would be great dinner party dish, as well as a fabulous side for Thanksgiving or the Holidays. Serve it wherever you would serve regular mashed potatoes.
This recipe uses American cup measurements. Since I use this type of measurement often, I find it handy to have a set of measuring cups in the kitchen.
I would love if you shared this on Pinterest – just use the button below. Your shares are how The Purple Pumpkin Blog grows and I am sincerely grateful every time you share something. ♥ You are welcome to follow me on Pinterest too where I share tons of great ideas and inspiration!
Make It A Meal!
Looking for some mealtime inspiration to go with this cauliflower mash? I’ve got you covered!
More Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
If you need some more side dish ideas, here are a few more recipes to check out.
- 1 medium cauliflower head, roughly chopped
- 2 Gala apples, roughly chopped
- 2 large shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 450 g/1 lbs Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed, and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup. fresh cherries, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbps single cream/Half & Half
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5 and line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Add the cauliflower, apple, shallots, rosemary leaves, and one tablespoon olive oil to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss everything together to combine.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture into a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven to roast for 25-30 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan or skillet. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add the Brussels sprouts and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until crispy and golden brown.
- Add the fresh cherries to the pan and cook until for a couple of minutes until just heated through.
- Once the cauliflower mix is done, transfer the roasted veggies to a large mixing bowl. Add the single cream/Half & Half and unsalted butter and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Mash with a potato masher or blend with an immersion blender until mostly smooth.
- Spread the warm cauliflower and apple mash on the bottom of a large serving dish or bowl. Top with the crispy Brussels sprouts, warm cherries, and chopped pistachios before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 194mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 22g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 10g