These Chocolate Walnut Brownies chock full of chocolate and walnuts is what desserts should be! The recipe for these rich, chocolatey, and easy to make homemade brownies is so good you might want to make a double batch! These chocolate brownies are ooey, gooey, and oh so good – your family is going to absolutely love them!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Chocolate Walnut Brownies
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
Who doesn’t love brownies? I mean, they full of chocolatey flavor and taste so good! What’s not to love?
Now, if you add nuts to a brownie recipe, it provides not only a sweet and salty taste, it also adds a lovely texture to the chocolate dessert.
THEN if you add chocolate frosting on top and a sprinkling of nuts, then that makes these Chocolate Walnut Brownies out of this world awesome!
Brownies are really easy to make, and you need to make a pan of these as soon as possible!
You can make these brownies with or without the frosting, and if you want to switch the nuts to another type – pecans, hazelnuts, or almonds would all work so well.
This recipe uses American cups. They’re a handy piece of kitchen equipment to have along with a kitchen food scale. Having both in your kitchen means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog as I use both cups and weighted measures.
More Recipes Using Walnuts
One of the hero ingredients in this recipe is walnuts, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Spiced Pumpkin & Walnut Tea Loaf
- Coffee and Walnut Cake Shots
- Apple Pie Layer Cake with Cinnamon Frosting & Walnut Crumble Topping
More Brownie Recipes
Looking for more brownies to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Triple Layer Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
- Amazing Brownie Cupcakes for the 4th of July!
How Do I Make Chocolate Walnut Brownies?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients, instructions, and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
For the Brownies
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 cup sweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (plain chocolate chips)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
For the Frosting
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1½ cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 2-3 Tbsp whole milk
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet until just combined. (Do not over mix or the brownies will turn out “cakey”).
- Stir the chocolate chips and walnuts into the batter and transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- Spread into an even layer and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Brownies will still be soft and will finish setting while they cool.
- To prepare the frosting, mix the butter with the cocoa powder and 1 cup powdered sugar. Add in one tablespoon of milk at a time until desired consistency is reached. If necessary, add the remaining ½ cup powdered sugar to thicken.
- Once cool, spread frosting on top of the brownies. Add extra chopped walnuts if using.
- Slice into 12-16 pieces and enjoy!
Can be served with or without the chocolate frosting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 469Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 6g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Roasted Garlic Hummus Dip Recipe
- Main Dish: Grilled Herb-Rubbed Pork Chops
- Side Salad: Roasted Artichoke Mozzarella Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Beverage: Ginger Peach Iced Tea Recipe
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!