This Frozen Watermelon Slush is easy to make and is a perfect summer sip!
This fabulous concoction with frozen watermelon, passion tea, lime juice, and honey can be served as a non-alcoholic mocktail or spiked with liquor for an adult beverage.
Either way, this is a tasty drink idea!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Frozen Watermelon Slush
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
Who doesn’t love making frozen drinks in the Summer?
There is nothing more refreshing than sipping on a cool drink while spending time outside!
This frozen watermelon slush is just what you and the kids need – keep it fruity for the kids and non-drinkers.
And for those who fancy a boozy tippled, spike it with gin, vodka, rum, or tequila (for a Unique Margarita Recipe).
Made simply using frozen watermelon (you can purchase frozen or freeze chopped fresh watermelon), Tazo® Passion® Tea (but you can use water instead), lime juice, honey, and fresh mint.
Everything is whizzed in a high-powered blender, and it’s as easy as that!
More Mocktails To Make
Want to make more mocktails? I think you’re going to love these ones:
- Fresh Blueberry Lime Mocktail
- Fresh Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade – Summer Mocktail or Cocktail Mixer!
- Sparkling Cranberry Orange Ginger Christmas Mocktail Recipe
How Do I Make a Frozen Watermelon Slush?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, any pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- 6 c. seedless watermelon, cut into small chunks and frozen
- 2 cups chilled brewed Tazo® Passion® tea or 2 cups water*
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Small watermelon wedges
For Spiked Slush
- 4-6 oz premium vodka (optional)
- Add frozen watermelon, chilled tea (or water), lime juice, honey, and fresh mint to a high-powered blender.
- Blend on high until thoroughly combined, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add ice cubes, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour watermelon mixture into four chilled glasses and garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and/or watermelon wedges, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Spike the slush as an adult beverage by topping each glass with a 1 to 1½ oz. floater of premium vodka.
- Although it is optional, Tazo® Passion® tea greatly enhances the flavor of this recipe when compared to using plain water.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to make this recipe into a full meal? Here are my suggestions!
- Appetizer: Amazing Roasted Garlic Hummus Dip Recipe
- Main Dish: Honey & Mustard Chicken with Apple-Potato Salad
- Dessert: Super Quick & Easy Bee Cupcakes For Summer Parties
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.