Dill Cucumber Salad looks, smells, and tastes delicate, fresh, and scrumptious! It takes just 15-minutes to make using Greek yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, garlic, cucumbers, and red onion. Ideal as a side dish at BBQs or summer parties.
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dill Cucumber Salad
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading all the way through for any tips or substitute suggestions, to ensure that you have any specialized ingredients and equipment required and that you understand the steps and timings involved.
Dill and cucumber are a match made in heaven! They both also pair perfectly with salmon!
To me, this dill cucumber salad is a wonderful side dish for grilled salmon or even piled on top of an open smoked salmon sandwich or bagel.
With its light, fresh, and summery flavors, it’s also great to serve at a barbecue, as it will pair well with grilled chicken or steak, and if you’re going to a potluck, bring a container of this along with you!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Cucumber, Red Onion, Dill, Lemons
- Dairy – Greek Yogurt, Sour Cream,
- Garlic Powder
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Cucumber
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is cucumber, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Cucumber Smoked Salmon Appetizers Ready in Just 20 Minutes!
- Cucumber Cantaloupe Mint Fizz
- Cucumber Feta Watermelon Skewers Party Appetizer with Balsamic Glaze
More Salad Recipes
Looking for more salads to make? Check these recipes out next:
- A Simple Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- Classic Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing & Croutons
- Greek Orzo Salad with Feta
- Prepare the dressing advance, if possible, to give the flavors more time to develop.
- A lot of cucumber salads feature a heavy coating of mayonnaise-based dressing. This lighter version adds a lot of flavor, without overwhelming the cucumber. If you prefer a thicker dressing, cut down on the amount of lemon juice in the dressing.
How Do I Make Dill Cucumber Salad?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
For the Dressing
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced and cut into half rounds
- ½ medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Prepare the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Set aside.
- Add the cucumber, red onion, and roughly chopped fresh dill to a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing on top and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill for up to two hours before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the salad, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: Crispy Zucchini Fries with Marinara Sauce
- Soup: Instant Pot Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
- Main Dish: Lemon and Dill Salmon with Herb Salad
- Beverage: Frozen Strawberry Margaritas
- Dessert: Instant Pot Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberries & Blueberries
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.