If you want to make the easiest Reindeer Rice Krispies Treats ever, then stop everything and grab this recipe! For a fun and delicious sweet treat to serve during the holiday season, these reindeer rice krispy bars are it!
I’ve got more fun Reindeer Crafts and Recipes for you to enjoy – right click and open these ideas in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Reindeer Rice Krispies Treats
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
I love a themed dessert or sweet treat, and I also love desserts that are simple to make.
These awesome reindeer-themed Rice Krispies treats fall into those categories and uses just THREE ingredients! I know it looks like more, but the reindeer decorations all come in one kit!
You can make as few or as many as you need and not only are they super fun to make, they taste yummy too!
A plateful of these would be great on a holiday dessert table, or packaged up in cellophane bags to be given as a delicious edible gift!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
For your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon if available online.
- Rice Krispies Treats/Squares/Bars – these are just the right size and shape for these reindeer treats! And saves so much time!
- Ghirardelli Melting Milk Chocolate Wafers – you could use any brand of chocolate you like, or even use dark chocolate if you prefer.
- Wilton Reindeer Decorating Kit – no need to make the antlers, bow, eyes, and nose from fondant because Wilton actually has a kit with all the pieces you need! Now, if you can’t source this kit, there are other options, and I’ll include them in the tips section further down this post.
- Popsicle Sticks – while this is not a requirement for these treats, you may want to place the cereal squares onto sticks before dipping into the chocolate.
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog! I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Chocolate
One of the hero ingredients in this recipe is chocolate, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- How to Make the Most Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Cake Ever!
- Decadent Chocolate Walnut Brownies with Chocolate Frosting
- Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge
More Rice Krispies Treat Recipes
Looking for more cereal treats to make Check these recipes out next:
- Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats – A Disney Halloween Treat!
- “Carrot Patch” Spring Rice Krispies Treats
- Classic Scotcheroos Recipe
Reindeer Rice Krispies Treats Recipe Tips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or a non-stick baking mat for the reindeers to lay on while setting.
- While we didn’t insert popsicle sticks into our treats, you totally can. Just insert them into the base of the treat, and push about half-way in.
- Another optional extra is to chill the Rice Krispies Treats in the fridge for about 20 minutes before dipping into the melted chocolate which will help it set more quickly.
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method, or according to the package instructions.
- There are special double boiler pots you can buy (great if you melt a lot of chocolate or candy), but you can also use a saucepan and a glass bowl to do the same job.
- Double Boiler Method: Place a saucepan filled with one to two inches of water in the bottom. Place a glass bowl (to fit snuggly) on top – it shouldn’t touch the water below. Bring the water to a simmer and the steam will heat the bowl on top and melt the chocolate (or candy) inside. Do NOT let any water get into the bowl of chocolate as this will cause it to seize up and become unusable.
- Place the decorations immediately after dipping the treats into the melted chocolate so that they will stick. The bows can be used as hairbows or as bowties.
What If I Can’t Get the Wilton Reindeer Decorating Kit?
- I said I’d give alternatives if you can’t source the Wilton decorating kit, so here are those alternatives.
- You can make antlers from brown fondant. I explain how to do that in the Minnie Mouse Reindeer Cupcakes recipe, so follow those instructions to make them for these treats.
- Or you could buy non-edible antler cupcake decorations which come on a pick, and insert them into the top of the treats.
- For eyes, simply buy some eyeball sprinkles – you can get them in various sizes, use the bigger ones.
- For the bows (hairbows or bowties) you may be able to find sprinkles, or other icing decorations.
- You could also make them using a silicone bow mold and red fondant (description on how to do that in the aforementioned reindeer cupcake post).
- Or you could use a tube of red icing to pipe the bows.
- And finally, for the nose, you could use a black jellybean or other similar shaped candy.
How Do I Make Reindeer Rice Krispies Treats?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients, and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or a non-stick baking mat.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate wafers.
- Once the chocolate is melted, place a Rice Krispies Treat into the chocolate, and using a fork, flip it over until it is completely coated.
- Carefully pick up the chocolate-coated treat and lightly tap to get rid of excess chocolate.
- Place Rice Krispies Treat onto the cookie sheet and using the Wilton decorating kit, place the antlers, bow, eyes, and nose in place.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the rest of the Rice Krispies Treats.
- Leave in a cool place for the chocolate to set.
- Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
An optional extra is to insert popsicle sticks into the treats before dipping them into the melted chocolate for people to hold the treats when eating!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Savory Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Main Dish: Amazing Pecan Crusted Pork Chops with a Fresh Plum Sauce
- Side Dish: Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes – A Quick & Tasty Side Dish
- Beverage: Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktail with Citrus Vodka & Lime
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!
The Create the Holidays (formerly Create Christmas) series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Christmas and the Winter Holidays! You can check out Create the Holidays from 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Holiday ideas and inspiration!