We bought the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan for our previous holiday to Orlando and Walt Disney World, hence the title of that trip report: Dine Around Disney 2014. We ate at a lot of Disney restaurants, and had some wonderful meals. One stand out dessert was the strawberry shortcake that we had at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, which was lush! Now, apparently, you can ask for recipes from the restaurant, and they will often quite happily email it to you, or you can find recipes in one of the many Disney cook books there are out there. Or, do what I do and have a look online where many are shared. I found this one on AllEars.net, a website that I’ve frequented for years and is full of great info about Walt Disney World.
I haven’t made this… yet, but if it is any way like the one we had at Hoop-Dee-Doo, then I’ll be one happy bunny!
- 1 ¼ pound Cake Flour
- 1 ¼ pound Granulated Sugar
- ¼ ounce Baking Powder
- Pinch Nutmeg
- ½ ounce Salt
- ½ pound Shortening
- ¼ pound Butter
- 8 ounces Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 4 ounces Milk
- ½ ounce Vanilla
- (Almond Extract can be substituted for vanilla)
- Whipped cream
- Smucker's Frozen strawberries (thawed) to taste.
- Sift and blend all dry ingredients from Step 1 together. Add shortening, butter, milk, and mix 5-7 minutes at low speed.
- Combine all ingredients from Step 2 together and blend lightly.
- Add liquid mix from Step 2 to Step 1 in three parts, scraping down bowl between. Bake at 350 degrees until tester inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Add whipped cream and strawberries.
Thanks for reading Day 49 of 100 Days of Disney 2015! 51 to go! Come back tomorrow for another Disney post!
Posts in the 100 Days of Disney Series:
Disney Crafts | Disney Printables | Disney Dining | Disney Vacation Planning | Around Walt Disney World | Disney Resorts | Disney Photography | Disney Theme Parks | Disney Rides + Attractions | Disney Shows + Parades | Disney Fashion | Disney Merchandise | Disney Movies | Disney Songs
And if you are a blogger, don’t forget that the 100 Days of Disney – The Blogger Linky is now open!