Embrace the spirit of Aloha with our Hawaiian Screwdriver Cocktail recipe!
This vibrant cocktail fuses banana vodka, pineapple rum, and coconut rum with tropical juices, capturing the essence of a Hawaiian beachfront luau in every sip.
Don’t have time for this cocktail recipe now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen, then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
While you may prefer to skip to the recipe card, we suggest reading the entire blog post to avoid missing valuable tips and substitution suggestions and to ensure you have the necessary ingredients, equipment, and understanding of the steps and timings.
Hawaiian Screwdriver Cocktail
Introducing the Hawaiian Screwdriver Cocktail, a tropical twist on the classic Screwdriver.
While the original cocktail combines vodka and orange juice, our version adds a burst of tropical flavors that will transport you straight to the Hawaiian islands.
Prepare to be amazed as we mix flavored vodka and rum with orange and pineapple juice.
This refreshing drink is a must-have for any tropical-themed event, whether it’s a lively Hawaiian Luau Party, a laid-back backyard barbecue, or an intimate dinner with friends.
Immerse yourself in the tropical vibes as you drink a Hawaiian Screwdriver—with each refreshing sip, the flavors of this delicious recipe will whisk you away to a blissful Hawaiian paradise!
Imagine yourself strolling along a picturesque Hawaiian beach, feeling the warm sand beneath your toes while the sun gently sets over the sparkling ocean…
So get ready to impress your guests at your next cocktail party and create unforgettable memories with this delightful concoction!
What Can I Serve With the Hawaiian Screwdriver Cocktail?
- Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders: The sweet and savory sliders complement the fruity cocktail.
- Tropical Fruit Salad: The fruits echo the cocktail’s tropical flavors.
- Coconut Shrimp: A classic tropical appetizer that pairs well with the Hawaiian Screwdriver.
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Wings: Offer a savory and slightly sweet taste that contrasts nicely with the cocktail’s sweetness.
- Tropical Island Rice: Packed with delicious tropical flavors like pineapple, mango, macadamia nuts, and chilies.
- Spicy Mango Salsa: Serve with tortilla chips for a classic snack with a twist.
Ingredients & Equipment For Hawaiian Screwdriver Cocktail
Ingredients For Hawaiian Screwdriver
- Banana Vodka – if you can’t source this, substitute for Banana Rum, Creme de Banane, or Banana Liqueur
- Pineapple Rum – can substitute with Pineapple Vodka
- Coconut Rum – such as Malibu, or substitute with white rum
- Pineapple Juice
- Orange Juice
- Ice Cubes
- For Optional Garnish – Maraschino Cherries, Slice of Orange, Orange Peel, Pineapple Wedges, Pineapple Leaves, Fresh Mint
- This delicious cocktail is shaken, but don’t worry if you don’t have a cocktail shaker!
- Use a container with a tight-fitting lid—like a mason jar or the cup on a blender or smoothie maker.
- Cocktail Skewers for skewering cherries, fresh pineapple chunks, and other fruit garnish.
- A classic Screwdriver cocktail is served in a Highball Glass, but you can serve your Hawaiian Screwdriver in any glass you like for this drink recipe.
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save the cocktail to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
Reasons Why You’ll Love the Hawaiian Screwdriver Cocktail
- It captures the flavors of the tropics in one easy-to-make cocktail.
- The enticing combination of banana vodka, pineapple, and coconut rum brings a Hawaiian twist to the classic screwdriver.
- Its bright and inviting look makes it a stand-out addition to any gathering.
More Summer Cocktails To Make
For more easy cocktails to enjoy on a hot day, try these:
Hawaiian Screwdriver Variations
Here are some variations of the original cocktail recipe you might like to try.
- Add a splash of grenadine (pomegranate syrup) to the bottom of a cocktail glass before pouring the shaken cocktail on top to make a Hawaiian Sunset Screwdriver.
- You could add cranberry juice to the pineapple screwdriver mixture to create a Hawaiian Sunrise!
- For more tropical flavor, add some mango juice to the mix.
- If you prefer a more sour drink, use grapefruit juice to make our Grapefruit Screwdriver
Virgin Hawaiian Screwdriver Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
So that non-drinkers can enjoy this screwdriver drink, we simply remove the alcohol and replace it!
Follow the recipe card using the non-alcoholic alternatives listed below instead of the alcoholic ones.
- Instead of Banana Vodka, use Banana Syrup
- Instead of Pineapple Rum, use Pineapple Syrup
- Instead of Coconut Rum, use Coconut Syrup
- You could also use fruit juice blends of banana and coconut.
I recommend adding the syrups to your taste as they may add the sweetness you may not necessarily get from alcoholic liqueurs.
Hawaiian Screwdriver Mocktails with Non-Alcoholic Spirits
For adults who would still like to enjoy the taste of alcohol in their mocktail, you could try non-alcoholic alternatives.
In the UK, try Lyre’s, which is also available on Amazon in the UK and Amazon.com.
Other brands include Strykk (UK) and Ritual (US & Canada). Non-alcoholic spirits are a growing trend, so be on the lookout in your local stores and online.
- Combine flavored syrups and non-alcoholic rum substitutes such as Lyre’s Spiced Cane Spirit, Lyre’s White Cane Spirit, or Strykk Not Vanilla Vodka.
Follow the recipe card using the suggested non-alcoholic alternatives listed above instead of the alcoholic ones.
Frozen Hawaiian Screwdriver
Want to turn this drink into a frozen slushie? Here’s how!
Put all the ingredients in a blender with a generous amount of ice – then blend till smooth.
Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze!
You can do the same with the mocktail version too.
Big Batch of Hawaiian Skrewdriver
Want to make a big batch of Hawaiian Screwdriver cocktails for a party or gathering? It’s easy – here’s how!
If you use the same measuring container (glass, cup, jug, etc.) for the “1 part”, the ratios will be correct, and you can make as much as you need to.
To make tropical screwdrivers for a crowd, mix them together:
- 2 parts Banana Vodka
- 2 parts Pineapple Rum
- 1 part Coconut Rum
- 2 parts Pineapple Juice
- 2 parts Orange Juice
Add plenty of ice to your serving container to keep the cocktail chilled. Add some fresh orange and pineapple in there too.
While it’s best to enjoy the cocktail fresh to savor its flavors, you may have some left at the end of your party—don’t let it go to waste!
- Strain any fruit from the liquid and transfer it to an airtight pitcher or container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Or, to make it last longer, turn it into Hawaiian Granita!
- Granita is a semi-frozen dessert made from sugar, water, and various flavorings. Originally from Sicily.
- Transfer the cocktail to a shallow freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer for 6 hours (or overnight). You can add some simple syrup or another sweetener if desired.
- Use a fork to break the frozen cocktail into small pieces. Serve and enjoy!
- Or pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Use the cocktail cubes to chill and flavor future cocktails without diluting the drink.
Setting Up Your Cocktail Bar
When setting up your bar or cocktail serving area, you could include the following:
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence.
Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make A Hawaiian Screwdriver Cocktail?
The printable recipe card is below. To save ink, any demonstration photos on the recipe card do not print.
Remember to leave a star rating and review the recipe to share your experience with others!
- 2 oz Banana Vodka
- 2 oz Pineapple Rum
- 1 oz Coconut Rum
- 4 oz Pineapple Juice
- 4 oz Orange Juice
- Maraschino Cherries
- Orange Slices
- Pineapple Leaves
- Place Banana Vodka, Pineapple Rum, Coconut Rum, pineapple, and orange juices into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well for 15-30 seconds to combine.
- Pour into two ice-filled glasses.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries, orange slices, and pineapple leaves as desired. Cheers!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 1g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Dinner Party Menu Suggestions!
The beverage is covered with the Hawaiian Aloha Screwdriver, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal: