I’m going to try to refrain from using the word diet to describe my paleo journey, but with any type of food you could, it’s so important to try new recipes and foods to keep things fresh and interesting in your diet. One such dish for us was the Roasted Pork Loin with Apple + Onions which was inspired by this recipe, but I roasted it in the oven instead of a slow cooker.
This was such a delicious dinner, which we ate with some steamed greens.
- 500g (or therabouts) pork loin fillet
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Braeburn apples
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into eighths
- 200ml chicken stock
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 190C/Gas 5.
- Cut deep slits, about an inch apart cross the top of the pork - don't go all the way through!
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and half of the cinnamon.
- Cut one of the apples in half, and into enough slices to add to each slit that you have cut into the meat. The slices need to be fairly thin.
- Cut the rest of the apples into thick slices and add them to a roasting dish with the onions. Add a little olive oil and the rest of the cinnamon and toss together.
- Place the pork on top and pour over the chicken stock. Add a drizzle on top of the meat.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until the pork is cooked through.