Do you find yourself having the same food for lunch, day in, day out? Stuck for ideas of what to prepare for packed lunches for work? You’ve hit the right page on the internet as I’ve got 11+ delicious rice salads that could easily go into a packed lunch box or mason jar to take on the go with you.
This set of rices salads is the next in a series of packed lunch ideas coming to you in the next months.
I decided to create this series as lunch is one of those meals that I always struggle with. I have worked from home for the past 12+ years, and it’s really easy to carry on working through and not take break.
I was meal prepping for a while, but it fell to the wayside due to personal circumstances. But, we’re slowly returning to prepping meals in advance – including lunches that my husband can take to work, and I can grab out of the fridge at home. Ideally I should stop work and enjoy my lunch – that’s my next goal – but at the moment I eat at my desk and do something non-work related on the computer instead.
Maybe you want to save money and take your own lunches to work with you. Or perhaps you are a stay-at-home parent, or work from home and want to have lunch prepared so you can grab something without having to think too much.
These noodle and pasta salads (and this packed lunch series) is aimed at adults – but of course any one can enjoy a delicious salad! I like storing packed lunch salads in glass jars (Mason, Kilner etc) as it keeps the food really fresh, and you can prep the food several days in advance (at the weekend for example, for the working week). For kids, why not use some cute bento boxes and accessories to make lunchtime fun. Bento boxes are so popular these days, and you can find a ton of great ideas on Pinterest.
As with all of my roundups, there are recipes from my blog as well as from lots of lovely food blogs from around the world. I have made all of links to the rice salads open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place in the list.
- Pineapple Fried Rice – Recipes From A Pantry
- Empire Rice Salad – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Mediterranean Rice Salad – Panning The Globe
- Brown & Wild Rice Salad with Chicken, Apples & Walnuts – The Bossy Kitchen
- Spiced Rice with Peas & Pumpkin Seeds – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
This post contains Amazon Affiliate and other affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to this me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here!
- Jewelled Rice Salad – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Peach & Cashew Biryani Rice Salad – The View From Great Island
- Tropical Rice Salad – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Santa Fe Rice Salad – Life, Love & Good Food
- Southwestern Brown Rice Salad – Veggies Save The Day
- Cranberry Pecan Wild Rice Salad – Veggie Inspired
- One Pan Roasted Vegetable, Chickpea, & Rice Salad – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Lemon Rice Salad – Bunny’s Warm Oven
- Tropical Curried Rice – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
Want more salad recipes?
Check out my Pinterest Salads Board…
More In Packed Lunch Series & Coming soon…
- 23+ Wrap & Sandwich Recipes
- 17+ Tasty Bowl Foods
- Rice Salads
- Bean Salads
- 19+ Noodle & Pasta Salads
- Grain Salads (Couscous, Quinoa etc)
- Salads with Meat
- Salads with Fish and Shellfish
- Salads with Eggs
- Cheese Salads
- Vegetable Salads
- Vegan Salads
- Egg Based Lunches
- Finger Foods/Foods on Sticks
Please feel free to share these 11+ delicious rice salads by using the social buttons at the bottom of this post!
Don’t forget that you can also join The Pumpkin Patch for member exclusive freebies, offers, and more.
Follow The Purple Pumpkin Blog posts on Feedly or on Bloglovin’ so that you don’t miss out!
Save this post to Pinterest for later! ⬇️