Looking for Rice Salad Recipes? Here is a delicious selection for you to browse through and prepare at home. Whether you are looking for a side salad or a main dish recipe, there are cold, and warm rice salads using a range of different types of rice – basmati, long-grain, and wild – and a variety of tasty ingredients for you to enjoy!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Rice Salad Recipes
Before I get into the recipes, here is some handy information for you.
Rice salad recipes are not the only ones I have on my blog, there are 500+ Recipes here for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
Links to the various recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog will open the same window/tab, so to reach this page again, just hit the back button on your browser.
If you are looking for a specific recipe, please use the search function below. If you can’t find what you are searching for, then please do contact me as I take all reader suggestions on board!
I think I say it in nearly all of my salad recipe posts, but I love salads! I enjoy making them, and eating them too. They are so versatile and can be made with just about any ingredient.
Not only are the ingredients versatile, the humble salad works as a starter or appetizer, as a main dish, or as a side dish. And of course, they’re great for serving a crowd, so are perfect for preparing for parties, picnics, or for taking to a potluck.
Salads are also fab for preparing in advance as part of your meal prep routine. I like to make them for the working week ahead, and store in glass [Mason] jars which I have found keeps food amazingly fresh for the whole week. Several of these rice salad recipes are great for making ahead to take to work, school, or college, or to have ready in jars in the fridge if you are home-based.
Cold Rice Salads
- My Empire Rice Salad was a hit at a party that I threw for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee – hence the name of this dish! It is packed with fresh herbs, fresh fruit, dried fruit, and nuts, and tossed together with a lemony dressing.
- This Tropical Island Rice recipe is a twist on the Empire Rice Salad above. Tropical ingredients like pineapple, macadamia nuts, mango and chillies, and a dressing made with rice vinegar and soy sauce really make this dish sing!
- I made my Tropical Curried Rice using up leftover veggies that I had. Turmeric turns the rice yellow, and a subtle curry flavor comes from ground cumin and coriander.
- Yet another tweak on the original, I made this Jewelled Rice Salad as part of our Christmas buffet.
- You can tell that I love tropical flavours and ingredients, as here is my Tropical Rice Salad recipe which might seem like all the others, but is slightly different!
Warm Rice Salads
- Make this Mexican Rice Salad as a side dish for fajitas, or as a standalone meal. Black beans, bell peppers, chillies, fresh coriander, and lime gives this dish a Tex-Mex flair.
- My Oven Baked Vegetable + Rice Salad is filled with lots of vegetables, and seasoned with several herbs and spices to give a Middle Eastern flavour. Everything is cooked in one pan too – so it saves on washing up!
- This Jewelled Persian Rice with Pomegranates, Walnuts & Parsley is quite the labour of love to make, but the end results are worth it. It is a real showstopper of a dish and perfect for a dinner party.
- Make my One Pan Roasted Vegetable, Chickpea, & Rice Salad as part of your weekly meal prep. It stores well in glass jars, making it a portable salad to take to work/school/college.
- Spiced Rice with Peas & Pumpkin Seeds is a simple vegan dish, and tastes so unbelievably good!
More Rice Dishes
These are not officially salads, but they are dishes that do contain rice, so I wanted to include them here for you to look through.
- This Teriyaki Pork Fried Rice is easy to make, and full of flavour. It includes fresh carrots, baby bok choy (also known asbok choi, pak choi, or pok choi), and toasted peanuts – which give a satisfying crunch. There is a hint of heat from fresh chillies, and lime juice brings the dish to life.
- Anything that I can cook in one pan and save on washing up is always good, and this Vegetable & Rice Tray Bake is one of those dishes!
- Here’s another one dish wonder – One Pot Vegetable Curry & Rice – a delicious and easy vegan recipe.
- My Oven Baked Vegetable Curry with Lemon Turmeric Rice teaches you how to cook perfect rice every time!