This Teriyaki Pork Fried Rice tastes so good! The pork is tender and flavoursome, and the peanuts add a nice crunch. The chilli peppers provide a nice kick of heat, and fresh lime squeezed over the top really brings all the ingredients to life.
For more recipes using rice, check out these Rice Salad Recipes. Right click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
Teriyaki Pork Fried Rice with Carrot & Baby Bok choy
- 300g basmati rice
- 400g pork tenderloin
- 100ml teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 400g baby bok choy
- 3 spring onions
- 10g fresh coriander
- 2 unwaxed limes
- 45g toasted peanuts
- 20ml honey
- 40ml soy sauce
- 1 fresh red chilli
- salt & black pepper
- vegetable oil
- Rinse the rice in a sieve until the water runs clear. Place in a medium saucepan, cover with 600 ml of water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and cover with a tight fitting lid. Cook for 13-15 mins. Remove from the heat and leave to rest with the lid on for 8 mins.
- Cut the pork tenderloin crosswise into 1 cm strips, removing any sinew. Place the strips in a medium bowl and marinate in half of the teriyaki sauce.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Peel and finely dice the carrots into 0.5 cm cubes, shred the bok choy crosswise and then thinly slice the spring onion. Roughly chop the coriander, stalks and leaves. Cut one of the limes into wedges, and juice the one one into a small bowl and set aside.
- Before you start this step, make sure the rice is cooked and in its resting time. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok or large frying pan on a high heat until it starts to smoke. Add the pork retaining the marinade in the bowl. Cook for 3-5 mins, until the pork is browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate and wipe the pan out.
- Add another tbsp of oil, the carrot and a splash of water, cook for 3 mins on a medium heat. Add the garlic and return the pork to the pan. Add the bok choy, peanuts and half of the spring onions. Pour the left over teriyaki sauce over the veg, cook for 3-5 mins until the bok choy is wilted. In the lime juice bowl, add the soy sauce and honey, mix to combine.
- Add the rice to the pan and continue to cook over a high heat for another 1-2 mins in the sauce. Take off the heat, add the soy sauce mix and stir through half the coriander. Season and divide between 4 plates then top with the remaining coriander and spring onion. For adults, add chopped chilli for some heat and the lime wedges for more zing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 575 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 98mg Sodium: 2553mg Carbohydrates: 51g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 15g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 45g