Another recipe I made up as I went along to use up some veggies in the fridge…I actually ended up cooking both the vegetable curry and rice in the same pot – don’t you love one pot cooking? Less mess!
For more recipes using rice, check out these Rice Salad Recipes. Right click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- ½ cauliflower, broken into florets
- handful green beans, topped, tailed and sliced
- 5-6 baby new potatoes, halved
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tsps mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g basmati rice
- Add the oil to a heated saucepan and gently fry the onions, garlic and curry powder for a few minutes
- Add the prepared vegetables and chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Add the rice and about half an empty [tomato] can of water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes until everything is cooked.
- Serve, if you like, sprinkled with fresh coriander.