Summer is all about enjoying tasty salads, and this Raspberry Chicken Salad with mixed greens and goat cheese is one to add to your meal plan. It’s light and flavorful, and thanks to the timesaver of using rotisserie chicken, it’s ready to go in 10 minutes! I mean, how much easier does it get than that?
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Raspberry Chicken Salad
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
Adding fruit to savory salads add a lovely sweetness, and I’m a big fan of using fruit in salad recipes.
This raspberry chicken salad is really quick and simple to make as it makes use of a store-bought rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken. You could even use leftover chicken from a roast.
Simply slice the chicken, add it to a pile of salad greens, scatter some raspberries on top and crumble over some goat cheese (Feta would also work well).
The hardest part (and I mean that really loosely!) is making up the lemon-vinegar dressing that has a little touch of cayenne pepper for some heat.
You’ll probably have this salad made and on the table in about 10 minutes! All you have to do is just enjoy!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It doesn’t include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Protein – Rotisserie Chicken, or other cooked chicken breast.
- Fresh Produce – Mixed Salad Greens, Raspberries
- Dairy – Goat Cheese
- Lemon-flavored Olive Oil
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Powder
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Raspberries
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is raspberries, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Healthy & Delicious Stuffed Papaya Breakfast Bowls – 3 Ways!
- Raspberry Lime Vodka Cocktail – Fruity & Refreshing!
- Refreshing Berry Smoothies with Beets
More Salad Recipes
Looking for more salads to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Roasted Fennel and Grapefruit Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Roasted Broccoli and Bacon Salad with Raisins & Yogurt Dressing
- Roasted Golden Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
How Do I Make Raspberry Chicken Salad?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
For the Dressing
- ½ cup lemon-flavored olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 lb (450g) rotisserie or other cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 oz (100g) goat cheese, crumbled
- Prepare the salad dressing by adding all ingredients to a mason jar. Cover and shake until well combined. Set aside until ready to use.
- Divide mixed salad greens among four chilled individual serving plates.
- Top with sliced chicken breast, fresh raspberries, and goat cheese.
- Drizzle each plate with salad dressing and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 444mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 8gSugar: 10gProtein: 45g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal!
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: Gluten-Free Gazpacho Recipe with Chickpea “Croutons”
- Beverage: Frozen Mango Margaritas
- Dessert: Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!