I don’t know about you, but I’m finding that time is going by really quickly this year! It’s already April, and Easter is this weekend – crazy! Before we know it, it’ll be Ch… I can’t say it, not yet!!
I’ve rounded up some fab last minute Easter ideas, and activities which include printables, crafts, and recipes so that you have a one-stop-shop for things to do during Easter week and through the Easter weekend. The kids are probably driving you a bit mad (as they always do when it’s the school holidays), so have these ideas up your sleeve to keep them occupied with some fun Easter activities!
This is the sort of post that will get updated as time goes by. Use the button above to Save it to your Pinterest boards, so you know where to come for lots of Easter ideas! I have a last-minute printable in the works, so that will definitely be added, and will also be including my recipe for Kleftiko – a slow-cooked Greek lamb dish. I’m also planning on dyeing some eggs with natural ingredients the way my Greek-Cypriot Dad would when we were kids. If it’s a success, I’ll share how to do it! I cannot wait to celebrate Easter this year!
I’ve collated lots of ideas I’ve discovered recently into categorised sections below – have a fun and safe Easter!
Free Printables for Easter
- Set up an Easter Egg Hunt in the garden (or indoors if it rains!) with this free printable Kit.
- Play one of these fun games with the free printables inside this Easter Hacks Pack
- Do you want to build an Easter Bunny Olaf?!
- Colouring isn’t just for kids anymore – print off these intricate egg designs and colour in when you need a moment of calm! – Mum in the Madhouse
- These Boiled Egg Animals are both cute and easy to make – Eats Amazing
- Make a batch of Hidden Easter Egg Truffles – ET Speaks from Home
- Use just 4 ingredients to make Mini Egg Fudge – Eats Amazing
- I am a fan of easy recipes, and this Easy Easter Cake looks delish – Daisies & Pie
- An old school favourite – chocolate birds nests!
- For the Easter Sunday roast, roast lamb recipe is always a winner
- Or try these traditional Greek-Cypriot Easter cheese cakes – flaounes (as seen on GBBO a few years back)
- Have a family movie night with some Easter treats – or head to the cinema for one of the latest blockbusters
- Head to a local farm or zoo to see the animals – and hopefully, some baby ones too
- Go for a walk at a nature reserve and see what wildlife you can spot
- Get on your bike for a family ride around the park
- Check out your local tourist center online to see what activities are taking place in your area – there may be more than you realise!
- Join in one of the 250 egg hunts across the UK.
- Plant some fruit and vegetable seeds, (you’ll need a pumpkin for Halloween!)
- Catch up on those DIY projects you’ve been meaning to do. We have a backlog of mundane DIY tasks (snooze!) but do have some fun ones too!
- Make an Easter bonnet from a paper hat – ET Speaks from Home
- Raid the pound shops for those cheap fuzzy chicks and make an Easter Chick Wreath
- Make an Easter chick card with a pop out beak – Mum in the Madhouse
- Make Easter baskets from old plastic bottles – Little Messy Monster
- For little ones, make a hatching chick sensory bin – Little Messy Monster
- Repurpose an odd sock and make a sock bunny
- Decorate some eggs:
Remember what it’s all about…
Easter is a Christian festival celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ after his crucifixion. I was brought up as a Catholic, but I don’t practice any more… It doesn’t mean I’ve forgotten what this time of year symbolizes. I’ve made posters in the past for Good Friday and for Easter Sunday and it’s a good opportunity, if you are religious, to talk to your children about Easter and its meaning.
Please feel free to share these fun Easter Ideas by using the social buttons on the side or bottom of this post, and don’t forget that you can subscribe to The Purple Pumpkin Blog by email, or Feedly so you don’t miss out!