Looking for a delicious and creamy dessert recipe? Then these dreamy Coconut Banana Pudding Parfaits are for you!
Coconut-infused pudding, fresh bananas, and crispy vanilla wafers come together to create a tropical dessert sensation.
Don’t have time for this recipe now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen, then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I know that readers like to skip to the recipe card, but I recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Coconut Banana Pudding Parfaits
The combination of creamy coconut pudding, ripe banana slices, and the satisfying crunch of vanilla wafers in these Coconut Banana Pudding Parfaits is simply divine!
These parfaits are a wonderful dessert for any occasion, offering a taste of paradise with every spoonful.
Reasons You’ll Love This Coconut Banana Pudding Parfait Recipe!
- Tropical Escape: Indulge in the flavors of the tropics with the rich coconut-infused pudding and the natural sweetness of ripe bananas.
- Creamy and Dreamy: The velvety smooth texture of the pudding is a delight for the senses, making every spoonful a heavenly experience.
- Easy to Assemble: With simple layering and minimal prep work, Coconut Banana Pudding Parfaits are a hassle-free dessert that still impresses with its elegant presentation.
- Crowd-Pleasing: Loved by adults and kids, these parfaits are a hit at gatherings, potlucks, or any occasion that calls for a touch of tropical sweetness.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, ingredients, and equipment needed for this recipe, have been linked to Amazon, Amazon Fresh, or other stores if available online.
Ingredients Needed For Coconut Banana Pudding Parfaits
- Fresh Produce – Large Bananas
- Dairy – Whole Milk, Butter, Heavy Whipping Cream (Double Cream)
- Other Fresh Ingredients – Egg Yolks
- Pantry – Salt
- Light Coconut Milk
- White Sugar
- Cornstarch – also known as Cornflour.
- Pure Vanilla Extract – always buy good vanilla, as it makes a flavor difference.
- Powdered Sugar – also known as Icing Sugar or Confectioners Sugar.
- Vanilla Wafers
- Shredded Coconut – toasted.
If you want to make this dessert even easier, use a packet of coconut cream pudding instead of making it from scratch.
The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found on the recipe card at the end of this post.
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save the recipe to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
Equipment Needed For This Recipe
- Medium Saucepan – for making the pudding.
- Ladle – for tempering the eggs.
- Mixing Bowls
- Plastic Wrap – for covering the pudding while it cools in the fridge.
- Electric Mixer – either a handheld or standing mixer; for whipping the cream.
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping/Cutting Board
- Large Piping Bag with Large Star Tip – for piping whipped cream.
- Dessert Glasses
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use cups and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American US customary, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note that you can mix cup measurements with weighted measures, but never mix US customary/imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.) with metric (kilograms, grams, liters, etc.).
More Recipes Using Banana
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is bananas, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Creamy Banana Frozen Yogurt – A Yummy Summer Dessert Idea!
- Classic Banana Cream Pie Recipe (From Scratch!)
- Strawberry Banana Granola Parfaits
How Do I Make Coconut Banana Pudding Parfaits?
The printable recipe card with the full ingredients list and instructions can be found at the end of this post.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Cooling Time: 2 hours | Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Step 1 – Heat Milk: Place the coconut milk and whole milk into a medium saucepan over medium heat until just before boiling.
Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small bowl.
Step 2 – Temper Egg Mixture: Once the milk is hot, pour one ladle of milk into the egg mixture and whisk to temper the eggs.
Pour the warmed egg mixture into the saucepan with the remaining milk and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring constantly, until a thick and smooth pudding forms.
TIP! Temper means to bring the eggs to the same temperature as the milk. Skipping this step means you cook the eggs too quickly, resulting in scrambled eggs. You do not want this in your pudding!
Step 3 – Finish Pudding: Remove the pudding from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and butter until the butter has melted.
Transfer the pudding to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to cool for 2 hours.
Step 4 – Whip Cream: Once the pudding has cooled, whip the cream with powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
Step 5 – Assemble Parfaits: To assemble the parfaits, layer vanilla wafers, pudding, and banana slices between 4 serving glasses.
Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Enjoy!
More Desserts Recipes
Looking for more desserts to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Dark Cherry Almond Clafoutis Recipe with Amaretto Liqueur
- Quick & Easy Lemon Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Spiced Rhubarb And Apple Crumble Recipe
Storing Leftovers & Freezing
- Storing Leftovers:
- If you have any leftover Coconut Banana Pudding Parfaits, cover them tightly with plastic wrap or transfer them to airtight containers. Store in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- The wafers are likely to lose their crunch, so you may want to only assemble as many parfaits as required and store the pudding mixture, whipped cream, and wafers separately.
- Freezing Instructions:
- Not suitable for freezing.
- With all leftovers, ensure the food looks and smells okay before consuming.
- You can always consult the Food Standards Agency in your country for the most up-to-date advice on storing and freezing foods: Food Standards Agency (UK) | Food Safety (USA).
Printable Coconut Banana Pudding Parfaits Recipe Card
To save ink, any demonstration photos on the recipe card do not print.
- 1 (14-oz/400ml) can light coconut milk
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1/16 tsp (pinch of) salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 40 vanilla wafers
- 4 Tbsp toasted coconut
- Place the coconut milk and whole milk into a medium saucepan over medium heat until just before boiling. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small bowl.
- Once the milk is hot, pour one ladle of milk into the egg mixture and whisk to temper the eggs. Pour the warmed egg mixture into the saucepan with the remaining milk and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring constantly, until a thick and smooth pudding forms. TIP! Temper means to bring the eggs to the same temperature as the milk. Skipping this step means you cook the eggs too quickly resulting in scrambled eggs. You do not want this in your pudding!
- Remove the pudding from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and butter until the butter has melted. Transfer the pudding to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to cool for 2 hours.
- Once the pudding has cooled, whip the cream with powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- To assemble the parfaits, layer vanilla wafers, pudding, and banana slices between 4 serving glasses. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 766Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 225mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 3gSugar: 55gProtein: 9g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Dinner Party Menu Suggestions
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer: Coconut Shrimp
- Soup: Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup with Garlic and Ginger
- Salad: Watermelon Feta Salad with Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Main Dish: Garlic-Chili Swordfish with Grilled Pineapple and Papaya
- Side Dish: Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Beverage: Frozen Piña Colada
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.