For breakfast on-the-go, why not make jars of Strawberry Banana Granola Parfaits? This easy breakfast recipe comes together in 30 minutes and the homemade granola is full of oats, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Strawberry Banana Granola Parfaits
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
Granola is one of my favorite breakfast foods – all the different flavors and textures are a taste sensation!
Plus it is something that you can customise so easily to your own personal preferences, so you can make your own perfect blend. Here is my other Homemade Granola you might like to check out next.
The granola in this recipe is made with a variety of delicious ingredients like dates, almond butter, honey, raw almonds, and sunflower seeds.
Once cooked and cooled is layered with creamy Greek yogurt and fruit – we’ve used strawberry and banana, but you could use other fruit like raspberries, blueberries, or chopped apple too.
For breakfast to take on-the-go with you to work or school, you can layer the Strawberry Banana Granola Parfaits in mason jars and tuck in when ready.
Or if serving at home, why not place into parfait dishes for a Sunday Brunch gathering?
The layers of homemade granola, luscious strawberries, creamy Greek yogurt, and ripe bananas look so pretty, and taste amazing when you dig in with a spoon!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Large Dates
- Almond Butter
- Honey – buy locally produced honey when possible.
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Rolled Oats
- Ground Cinnamon
- Raw Almonds
- Sunflower Seeds
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Fresh Fruit
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is fresh fruit, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Fruit Salad Cupcakes
- Tropical Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- Poached Pears with Honey Mascarpone Cream in 30 Minutes!
More Breakfast Recipes
Looking for more breakfast inspo? Check these recipes out next:
- Healthy & Delicious Stuffed Papaya Breakfast Bowls – 3 Ways!
- Pumpkin, Yoghurt & Muesli Breakfast Parfait
- Kick Start Breakfast Smoothie
How Do I Make Strawberry Banana Granola Parfaits?
Just check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 6 large dates, pitted
- 3 Tbsp natural almond butter
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a bit of overlap on the sides.
- In a high-powered blender or a food processor, combine the pitted dates, almond butter, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the date mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the oats, cinnamon, salt, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Mix until well combined and the oats and nuts are nicely coated.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the prepared baking dish and pat it down into an even layer. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden brown and toasted on top.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Granola will crumble as you remove it from the pan, with some larger chunks.
- To serve, alternate layers of Greek yogurt, granola, sliced bananas, and fresh strawberries in 4 parfait dishes or mason jars. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 496Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 431mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 8gSugar: 35gProtein: 20g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
Why not make these parfaits in small jars as part of a brunch spread? Here are additional recipes to try:
- Quick & Easy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Banana Oat Breakfast Muffins
- Make & Freeze Ahead Breakfast Burritos
- Pancakes and Bacon Cupcakes with Maple Frosting for Brunch!
- Turkey & Mushroom Breakfast Casserole
- Chorizo & Potato Tortilla Española
- Easy Peanut Butter Jelly Bars Recipe
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!