Cuban Mojo Pork is the perfect recipe to liven up your roasted pork tenderloin. To obtain the real depth of flavor the tenderloin rests in a marinade of orange and lime juice, cilantro, mint, garlic, before being slow-cooked, for 2 hours, in the oven. The ideal companion to our Cuban Mojo Potatoes, or thinly slice to put in a Cubano sandwich – so good!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuban Mojo Pork
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
Cuban Mojo (pronounced MOH-hoh) is a fresh and flavorful marinade made with sour oranges, garlic, oregano, cumin, and olive oil. It can be used as a marinade, like in our Cuban Mojo Pork recipe, as well as a sauce or condiment.
You may have not heard of sour oranges, but you may have heard of Seville oranges, which are a bitter orange used to make marmalade. They have a sour, acidic, and bitter taste, and could be used in this recipe.
However, you can easily substitute sour oranges with a combination of orange and lime juice, which is what we’ve done in this recipe. The end result is amazing, so don’t panic about not being able to find sour oranges!
To impart all of the wonderful flavors into the pork tenderloin, the meat needs to marinate overnight or for at least 12 hours, before being roasted for a couple of hours in the oven.
The end result is juicy, flavorsome pork that will pair just perfectly with our Cuban Mojo Potatoes, or you could enjoy it with rice and some salad on the side.
One of my favorite ways to use it is in a Cubano sandwich, which is slices of roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, and yellow mustard in Cuban bread (but you could substitute for a panini). Toast up that bad boy and you have one delicious sandwich!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Protein – Pork Tenderloin
- Fresh Produce – Oranges, Limes, Cilantro (Coriander), Mint, Garlic
- Dried Oregano
- Ground Cumin
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Pork Tenderloin
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is pork tenderloin, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Apple and Feta Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- One-Skillet Honey Applesauce Pork Tenderloin
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apple + Onions
More Pork Recipes
Looking for more pork dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas Bowls
- Maple-Balsamic Pork Chops in 20 Minutes!
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pulled Pork
How Do I Make Cuban Mojo Pork?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 4lbs (1.8kg) pork tenderloin
- ¾ cup olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- ¾ cup pulp-free Orange Juice
- ½cup fresh squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp kosher salt (sea salt flakes)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Using a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until combined.
- Place the pork loin into a deep dish
- Pour the sauce over the pork and cover with foil
- Place into the fridge to allow the pork to marinate overnight.
- The next day: Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7 and place a wire rack over a roasting pan.
- Place the pork on the wire rack in the pan and roast for 30 minutes in the oven before reducing the temperature to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- Continue to roast the pork for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and tender.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and cover with foil. Leave it to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: Spicy Mango Salsa Recipe
- Soup: Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Salad: Super Easy Crisp & Crunchy Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- Side Dish: Cuban Mojo Pork – Perfect For Making Cubano Sandwiches!
- Beverage: How To Make a Classic Mojito Cocktail with White Rum, Lime & Mint
- Dessert: Poached Pears with Honey Mascarpone Cream in 30 Minutes!
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.