Sip on the exotic allure of our Coconut Dragon Fruit Margaritas crafted with fresh dragon fruit juice.
It’s a vibrant, tropical libation that will transport you to paradise with each sip!
Don’t have time for this cocktail recipe now? Tap the share icon in the bottom right of the screen, then tap the heart icon ♥ to save it for later!
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Coconut Dragon Fruit Margaritas
Coconut Dragon Fruit Margaritas are one of our Unique Margarita Recipes and take classic margaritas to a new level with exotic flavors, including coconut tequila, coconut syrup, coconut cocktail mix, and fresh dragon fruit juice.
Here’s why I think you’ll love these margarita cocktails:
- Exotic Flavor! Coconut Dragon Fruit Margaritas offers a unique tropical flavor combination that captivates the taste buds.
- Refreshing and Cooling! These margaritas are incredibly refreshing, making them perfect for hot summer days or any time you want a cooling beverage.
- Tropical Escape! With each sip, Coconut Dragon Fruit Margaritas transport you to a tropical paradise, evoking feelings of relaxation and vacation vibes.
- Unique Ingredient! Dragon fruit adds a touch of exoticism to the margarita, making it a standout cocktail that’s sure to impress guests and leave a lasting impression.
Ingredients For Coconut Dragon Fruit Margaritas
For your convenience, I’ve linked any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe to Amazon below.
- Tequila – you can use your preferred silver or gold tequila brand in this cocktail.
- Coconut Tequila – Cazcabel makes coconut-flavored tequila, but you can use any brand you like.
- Coconut Syrup
- Coconut Cocktail Mix
- Fresh Dragon Fruit – this tropical fruit gets its name from the leather-like skin and scaly spikes on the fruit exterior. Depending on the variety, dragon fruits may have sweet- or sour-tasting flesh that can be red, white, or yellow. Wikipedia
You will want the kind with white flesh to yield a white margarita in this cocktail. However, if you can only source the bright pink variety, that’s fine – your cocktail will be bright pink instead!
- Cheesecloth – for squeezing the juice from the dragon fruit.
This cocktail is shaken, but don’t worry if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you could just use a container with a tight-fitting lid – like a mason jar or even the cup on a blender or smoothie maker.
No time to read now? Tap the buttons below to save the cocktail to your Pinterest boards or Facebook page for later!
More Margarita Cocktails To Make
If you love margaritas I think you’re going to love making these variations:
- Hawaiian Margarita Cocktail
- Frozen Blueberry Margaritas – A Refreshing Adult Slush Drink!
- Fresh & Delicious Grapefruit Margaritas
- Frozen Mixed Berry Margaritas are Perfect for Summer!
- Spicy Blackberry Margaritas with Grand Marnier & Crème de Mûre
Cocktail Party Appetizers
If you want to serve some appetizers with your drinks, check out these recipes:
- Baked Zucchini Fries & Greek Yogurt Dip
- Tex-Mex Loaded Black Bean Dip Recipe – Perfect for Tortilla Chips
- Rotisserie Chicken Quesadillas with Homemade Pico de Gallo
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites with Homemade Ranch Dip
- Crispy Lemon Panko Fried Shrimp Recipe
Coconut Dragon Fruit Margarita Variations
Here are some variations of the original cocktail recipe that you might like to try out.
Virgin Coconut Dragon Fruit Margarita (Non-Alcoholic)
So that non-drinkers can enjoy this cocktail too, we simply remove the alcohol and replace it!
Follow the recipe on the card, but replace the alcoholic elements with the following suggestions:
- Instead of Tequila, and Coconut Tequila, use the same measure of tonic water or soda water to top the cocktail up.
- You could also use a dash of Lime Syrup or Dragon Fruit Syrup too.
I recommend adding the syrups to your taste as they may add a sweetness that you may not necessarily get from alcoholic liqueurs.
Coconut Dragon Fruit Margarita Mocktails (Non-Alcoholic Spirits)
For adults who would still like to enjoy the taste of alcohol in their mocktail, you could try non-alcoholic alternatives.
In the UK, try Lyre’s, which is also available on Amazon in the UK and Amazon.com.
Other brands include Strykk (UK), and Ritual (US & Canada). Non-alcoholic spirits are a growing trend, so be on the lookout in your local stores and online.
- Instead of Tequila and Coconut Tequila, use Lyre’s Agave Blanco Spirit
Follow the recipe card using the non-alcoholic alternatives listed above instead of the alcoholic ones.
Frozen Coconut Dragon Fruit Margaritas
Want to turn this margarita into a frozen slushie? (You could do the same with the mocktail version too.) Here’s how!
Put all the ingredients in a blender with a generous amount of ice – then blend till smooth.
Serve with a straw, and watch out for brain freeze!
Big Batch Coconut Dragon Fruit Margaritas
Want to make a big batch of this coconut and dragon fruit cocktail for a party or gathering? It’s so easy!
As long as you use the same measuring container (glass, cup, jug, etc.,) for the “1 part”, the ratios will be correct and you can make as much as you need to.
To make a big batch of coconut dragon fruit margs, mix together:
- 2 parts Dragon Fruit Juice*
- 2 parts Tequila
- 2 parts Coconut Tequila
- 2 parts Coconut Syrup
- 4 parts Coconut Cocktail Mix
*I recommend using a carton/bottle of juice, rather than squeezing from the fruit. However, the color of store-bought juice is usually red, so consider that when making a large batch!
Make sure to add plenty of ice to your serving container of choice to keep the cocktail chilled, and throw in some slices of lime and cubes of dragon fruit too.
You could also skewer the fruit onto cocktail picks for guests to garnish their drinks.
When setting up your bar or cocktail serving area, you could include:
- Ice Bucket (filled with ice!)
- Margarita Glasses
- Margarita Glass Rimmer Set
- Summer Cocktail Napkins
- Cocktail Swizzle Sticks/Stirrers
- Summer Cocktail Picks/Sticks
- Summer Cocktail Decorations
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of the legal drinking age in your country of residence.
Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
How Do I Make Coconut Dragon Fruit Margaritas?
You’ll find the printable cocktail recipe below. To save ink, any demonstration photos on the recipe card do not print.
For Glass Rim
- Lime Wedges
- Salt or Sugar
For the Margaritas
- ⅔ fresh dragon fruit, cut into cubes, to yield about 2 oz juice
- 2 oz Tequila
- 2 oz Coconut Tequila
- 2 oz Coconut Syrup
- 4 oz Coconut Cocktail Mix
- Dragon fruit slices
- Lime slices
- To add salt or sugar rim to the glasses, pour some salt (or sugar) onto a plate. Then rub the lime wedge around the rim of each (8oz) glass. Dip the glass rim into the salt (or sugar) and twist. Remove and set aside.
- Place the dragon fruit into the center of some cheesecloth and squeeze the juice out of the fruit into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Add the tequila, coconut tequila, coconut syrup, and coconut cocktail mix to the shaker.
- Place the lid on the cocktail shaker, and shake well for 15-30 seconds to combine.
- Strain into prepared glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish with dragon fruit and lime slices and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3-Tier Bar Glass Rimmer for Margaritas
- 64-Ounce Margarita & Slush Maker
- Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker
- rokz Lime Margarita Salt Rimmerz, 4 ounce
- Stemless Margarita Glasses
- 4 Piece Margarita Glass Set
- Bar Jigger Set for Cocktails
- VonShef Parisian Cocktail Shaker Barware Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 902Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 644mgCarbohydrates: 114gFiber: 16gSugar: 75gProtein: 5g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Dinner Party Menu Suggestions!
The beverage is covered, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a dinner party or special meal:
- Appetizer: Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Bites with Homemade Ranch Dip
- Soup: Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup Recipe
- Salad: Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Salad With Balsamic Glaze
- Main Dish: Grilled Balsamic Marinated Sirloin Steak Recipe
- Side Dish: Grilled Corn on the Cob with Herb & Parmesan Butter
- Dessert: Mexican Buñuelos Recipe – Delicious Fried Cinnamon Sugar Treats
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.