These chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse parfaits are creamy and delicious, and an easy to make dessert idea. Ready in just 20 minutes, this is a yummy dessert that the whole family will just love!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
If you’re looking for a dessert that isn’t overly sweet, then you must make a batch of peanut butter mousse and turn it into delicious parfaits!
Sugar-free peanut butter, cream cheese and whipped cream (with a few other ingredients) form the mousse which takes moments to whip up. Then after a short spell in the fridge (10 minutes) it’s topped with whipped cream, unsweetened dark chocolate sauce, and chopped peanuts.
The combo of chocolate and peanuts is a classic, and this dessert will surely become a favorite!
You could also try making this with different nut butters – there are so many available these days including almond, cashew, macadamia, and hazelnut.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
For your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online. The full list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Honey – buy locally produced honey if you can.
- Pure Vanilla Extract – using the good stuff makes a flavor difference!
- Sugar-Free Peanut Butter
- Unsweetened Chocolate – essentially the very darkest chocolate you can get.
- Roasted Peanuts
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog! I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Peanut Butter
One of the hero ingredients in this recipe is peanut butter, so here are some more recipes using the same:
More Dessert Recipes
Looking for more dessert inspo? Check these recipes out next:
- Mini Mardi Gras Cheesecakes – Cinnamon King Cake Flavor!
- Black Forest Cookies are a Fabulous Holiday Cookie Treat!
- Ready To Make the Easiest No-Bake Mini Cannoli Pies Ever?
How Do I Make Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits?
Just check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 pint (470ml) heavy whipping cream (double cream)
- ¼ cup honey, divided
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, divided
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup natural sugar-free peanut butter, room temperature
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 oz (100g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Place the heavy whipping cream, one tablespoon of honey, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Do not overwhip. Scrape the sides of the bowl while blending to incorporate all ingredients. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of honey, ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract, and the salt in another large mixing bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in two-thirds of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until completely combined.
- Divide the mousse between four dessert or parfait bowls and set in the refrigerator to chill for approximately 10 minutes. Reserve the remaining whipped cream, to serve.
- Right before serving, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for another 15-30 seconds or until chocolate is completely melted. (Total cook time will vary). Remove chocolate from the microwave and stir in the remaining tablespoon of honey. Set aside.
- To serve, remove the peanut butter mousse from the refrigerator and top each serving with a spoonful of the remaining whipped cream, a drizzle of melted chocolate, and some chopped peanuts. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 619Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 607mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 2gSugar: 60gProtein: 18g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Spicy Chicken Satay Recipe with a Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Main Dish: 5-Ingredient Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry (15-Minute Recipe!)
- Side Dish: Quick & Easy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
- Beverage: Passion Tea Lemonade
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!