These Peanut Butter Jelly Stuffed Cookies are a must-bake for peanut butter lovers everywhere! They take peanut butter cookies to the max with not only peanut butter as an ingredient, but the cookies are rolled in peanut butter chips, and Nutter Butters… And then, they are injected with delicious jam for the ultimate PB&J cookie!
In my roundup of 19 Of The Best Peanut Butter Cookies, I commented that I didn’t have my own peanut butter cookie to share, and promised I would rectify that ASAP – consider the promise fulfilled with this recipe!
Save these Peanut Butter Jelly Stuffed Cookies to Pinterest for later! ⬇️
Peanut Butter Jelly Stuffed Cookies
This post contains affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here so that I can create more content for you!
For my fellow British readers: This recipe for peanut butter jelly stuffed cookies is in American cup measurements, but these are available to buy in the UK. I actually have several sets as I’m often found cooking American recipes. You’re likely to find them in the kitchen section of a large supermarket, or even in shops like Wilko or Lakeland. Or you can go the super easy route of online shopping and buying cup measures from Amazon.
The recipe also uses a couple of ingredients that you might find in the World Foods aisle at your supermarket – if it has a USA section: Peanut Butter Chips and Nutter Butters. But if they don’t, you can always buy them on Amazon too!
And for everyone making this recipe, you will need a flavor injector to give these peanut butter cookies their final stuffing of jam! Flavour injectors are typically used in barbecuing to inject meats with marinades for long slow cooking – that’s the reason I have one of these pieces of kitchen equipment. They’re not too expensive (under $10/£10 depending on the brand you buy) and will come in handy if you make these cookies again, or if you want to turn your hand at your own stuffed cookie creations!
The cookies are not called stuffed cookies for nothing! You start by mixing together sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and an egg in one bowl; and the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in another bowl, before beating together to form a dough.
You then add some of the peanut butter chips and Nutter Butters (crushed) and mix into the dough. See what I mean by stuffed? And it’s not finished yet!
Use a small ice-cream scoop (which will come in handy for making not only these cookies, but also other cookies, and cupcakes too) to scoop equal measures of dough, which you roll into balls and then roll into the remaining peanut butter chips and crushed Nutter Butters. This recipe should make 24 cookies.
Place each dough ball on a baking sheet – leaving space between each one for them to spread out. Then once cooked, allow to cool for a few minutes before injecting with warmed jam – their final stuffing! Enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2½ cup flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup crushed Nutter Butters
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350f/180C/Gas4 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter, and egg until combined and smooth
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined and a dough forms
- Mix in 1/2 C peanut butter chips and 1/2 C crushed Nutter Butters until combined
- Using a small ice-cream scoop, scoop out some dough onto your hands
- Roll the dough into a ball
- Combine the remaining cups of peanut butter chips and Nutter Butters into a bowl
- Roll the cookie dough into the mixture
- Repeat steps the rest of the dough
- Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 11 minutes
- Place the strawberry jam into a heat safe bowl and place into the microwave for 30 seconds until soft
- Fill the flavor injector with the jam
- Once the cookies come out of the oven allow to cool for a few minutes
- Inject the cookies with the jam until the top cracks
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 5g
This site uses an outside source (Nutritionix) to provide estimated nutrition. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Want more cookie recipes? There are lots on my Cookie Recipes Board on Pinterest!
Share this post with your friends on Facebook!
Save this cookie recipe to Pinterest for later!