These mini Mardi Gras Cheesecakes are the perfect size for serving at parties or gatherings, and have the cinnamon taste of King Cake in cheesecake form! Topped with whipped cream and sprinkles, they’re an absolute delight to eat!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Mardi Gras Cheesecakes
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
Many people will have to celebrate Mardi Gras at home this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the celebrations!
You can leave the king cake cheesecakes undecorated, or top them with whipped cream and Mardi Gras sprinkles.
These simple to make mini Mardi Gras cinnamon cheesecakes are the perfect one-person portion, but I won’t tell if you take another one!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online. The full list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – or you could use Digestives if you’re in the UK. If you can’t get cracker crumbs, just place them in a plastic food bag, seal them, and smash them with a rolling pin into crumbs. Or you could pulse them in a food processor.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mardi Gras Sprinkles – use any type you like in the colors purple, green, and yellow.
- Piping Bag
- Large Star Tip – such as a Wilton 1-M
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog! I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Cheesecake Recipes
Here are some more cheesecake recipes for you to try:
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes with Crumble Topping
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Salted-Caramel Crunch Topping
- Quick & Easy Berry & Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
More Mardi Gras Recipes
Looking for more Mardi Gras recipe inspo? Check these out next:
- How To Make Beignets At Home for Mardi Gras!
- Mardi Gras Monkey Bread Recipe – A King Cake Twist!
- Easy Mardi Gras Cupcakes + Free Printable Cupcake Toppers
How Do I Make Mardi Gras Cheesecakes?
Just check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
For the Crust
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- For the Cinnamon Filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 2 (8oz/225g) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
For the Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Purple, Green, and Yellow Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3 and line a cupcake pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- To make the crust, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the crust crumbs into the cupcake liners.
- Using a flat bottomed round cup, press into the crumbs to make a firm crust. Set aside.
- To make the cinnamon filling, combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined. Set aside.
- To make the cheesecake filling, use an electric mixer and beat together the sugar and cream cheese until combined and smooth.
- Beat in the sour cream, vanilla, and salt until combined.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until well mixed.
- Spoon 1½ tablespoons of the cheesecake filling into the crust.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon filling into the cheesecake.
- Spoon another 1½ tablespoons of cheesecake filling on top.
- Swirl 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon mixture into the top layer.
- Bake in the oven for 17-22 minutes or until the edges are firm and they turn a light golden brown.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool for a few hours in the fridge.
- To make the topping, use an electric mixer and beat together all the ingredients until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop into the piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe swirls on top of the cheesecakes.
- Sprinkle some of each colored sprinkles on top.
- Enjoy and Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Cajun Crab Cakes
- Main Dish: Carolina Red Rice
- Side Vegetable: Cayenne Buttered Corn on the Cob
- Beverage: King Cake Cocktail
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!