Berry Cheesecake Parfaits with fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries served up in layers is a fun and tasty way to enjoy the flavors of summer! The cinnamon crust made with almonds, pecans, and dates, is layered with a Greek yogurt cheesecake mixture and fresh fruits. A healthy and delicious dessert or snack your family will love!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Berry Cheesecake Parfaits
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
Time to get food confused with the word parfait!
Parfait; meaning “perfect” describes two types of frozen dessert. In France, where the dish originated, parfait is made by boiling cream, egg, sugar and syrup to create a custard-like puree which is sometimes served in a parfait glass. The American version includes more ingredients like granola, nuts, yogurt and liqueurs made in combination with a topping of fruits or whipped cream that are layered and served in a tall glass.Wikipedia
In the United Kingdom, parfait can refer to a very smooth meat paste (or pâté), usually made from the liver (chicken or duck) and sweetened with liqueurs.
From the title of this recipe and the photos, you’ve probably guessed that this is the American version of parfait!
A delicious cinnamon-scented crust made with almonds, pecans and dates (for sweetness) is layered at the bottom of a sundae glass – or any tall glass with a stem.
The cheesecake is made with Greek yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla, and honey – this recipe is refined-sugar free. The cheesecake is then layered with fresh berries (use whatever is in season for you) and voila and yummy, healthy dessert (or you could even have it for breakfast or brunch!).
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
For your convenience, any specialized ingredients needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon below. The full list with measurements is found in the recipe card.
This recipe uses American cups. They’re a handy piece of kitchen equipment to have along with a kitchen food scale. Having both in your kitchen means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog as I use both cups and weighted measures.
More Recipes Using Fresh Fruit
One of the hero ingredients in this recipe is fresh fruit, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Fruit Salad Cupcakes
- Tropical Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- Soda Bread with Blackberries & Apple
How Do I Make Berry Cheesecake Parfaits?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients, and instructions. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
For the Crust
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- 3 pitted dates, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
For the Cheesecake
- 4 oz / 100g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- To make the crust, place the almonds, pecans, dates, and cinnamon into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture starts to form a ball and the nuts are nicely broken down. Divide the nut crust between 4 individual serving dishes or jars and set aside.
- To make the cheesecake, place the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside. Tip: If cream cheese isn’t fully softened, beat it first before adding the other ingredients.
- Divide half of the cheesecake mixture between the 4 serving dishes or jars and divide half of the berries among the individual dishes. Repeat this process with remaining cheesecake mixture and fresh berries.
- Place the parfaits in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill. To serve, garnish with ground cinnamon or an extra drizzle of honey if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 6gSugar: 26gProtein: 10g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Feta Cucumber Cups Appetizer for Summer Parties
- Main Dish: Slimming World Moussaka – A Low-Fat Version of a Greek Classic!
- Side Salad: Cypriot Village Salad
- Beverage: Refreshing Watermelon Vodka Slush Cocktail with Lime
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!