This recipe for Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken and vegetables makes a great simple family meal, that is both nutritious and delicious. Ready in just an hour using chicken thighs, lemons, and potatoes is an ideal midweek dinner option.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions, to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required and understand the steps and timings involved.
Chicken for dinner is an easy go-to meal for many of us, but keeping it interesting can be a little more tricky.
In this sheet pan lemon chicken recipe, we are using chicken thighs for maximum flavor (and minimal cost) and paired it with potatoes, tomatoes, and red onions, for a complete meal in one.
You could add some steamed veggies too if you like, but as is, the chicken and vegetables are delicious, easy to make, and can be on the table in an hour – perfect for mid-week family meals!
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe have been linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It may not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, sugar, etc., as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Fresh Produce – Red Onion, Red Potatoes, Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Lemons, Parsley, Rosemary
- Protein – Bone-in Chicken Thighs
- Dried Basil
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Rosemary
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. Please note, you can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Lemons
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is lemons, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Recipe with Rosemary and Lemon
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Risotto in 30 Minutes
- Seared Grouper in Lemon Thyme Sauce with Arugula Avocado Salad
More Sheet Pan Recipes
Looking for more dishes to make on a sheet pan? Check these recipes out next:
- Sheet Pan Roasted Asian Shrimp & Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Steak Dinner: Garlic Parmesan Steak with Asparagus
How Do I Make Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 8 large red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pint (500g) cherry (or grape) tomatoes, whole
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, with skin
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- Sprigs of fresh parsley and rosemary, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 and line a large rimmed, baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine red onion, potatoes, and tomatoes in a large glass bowl and sprinkle with the dried herbs. Drizzle with two tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss to coat and spread into a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and turn to coat. Nestle chicken thighs in between the veggies on the baking sheet and top each with one or two lemon slices. Scatter the remaining lemon slices amongst the veggies on the baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the veggies. Return to oven to roast for another 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Food Safety Tip: The safe cooking temperature for chicken is 165°F. Use an instant-read thermometer to test for doneness. Remove from oven when the internal temperature at the thickest part reaches at least 160°F. The temperature will continue to rise several degrees while the chicken rests.
- Remove from oven and let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh herbs, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 926Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 124gFiber: 13gSugar: 11gProtein: 45g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Special Dinner!
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to create a menu for a special meal or dinner party:
- Appetizer: This Classic Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze is Perfect for Sharing!
- Soup: Instant Pot Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
- Salad: A Simple Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- Beverage: Frozen Mango Margaritas (Cocktail & Mocktail Versions!)
- Dessert: Berry Cheesecake Parfaits
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.