This Pumpkin White Russian cocktail is everything a creamy fall cocktail should be! Take a classic White Russian, and put an autumn twist on it with pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. So grab the bottles of Vodka and the Kahlúa and mix yourself a glass of this yummy beverage.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Pumpkin White Russian
If you enjoy drinking creamy alcoholic beverages like Bailey’s Irish Cream for example, then you are sure to love this pumpkin spiced White Russian cocktail that is a great drink for fall.
What is a White Russian Cocktail?
The original White Russian is a cocktail made with vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream and served with ice in an Old Fashioned glass.
It can be mixed, or the cream can be floated on top of the coffee liqueur.
Ingredients used in this cocktail
The ingredients you use in this cocktail will basically depend on if you can buy pumpkin spice coffee creamer where you live! If you can’t find it in stores, then there are other options, which I will list below!
- Kahlua – a coffee-flavored liqueur from Mexico that is traditionally used in a White Russian. However, you could also use Tia Maria which is a coffee liqueur from Jamaica.
- Vodka – use your preferred brand
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer – this is one thing I wish we could bring home from the USA when we visit, but alas, it is a fresh product so we have to make our own when back home in the UK!
- Canned Pumpkin Purée – found in most supermarkets these days, or online.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice*
*Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice: If you can’t find pumpkin pie spice, it is really easy to make yourself with individual spices that all supermarkets should sell. To make 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, in a small bowl, mix together: ¼ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp ginger, ⅛ tsp allspice, and ⅛ tsp nutmeg. Use in recipes as required.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
Okay, so you can’t buy this ingredient where you live, but you can buy the ingredients to make it? Problem solved!
- 1 cup cream (heavy, double, or half and half – your personal preference)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Place all the ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat and gently bring to the boil while stirring to combine. Remove from heat and leave to cool before using in cocktails. Store in and airtight bottle or container the fridge for up to 2 days. Shake well before use.
Can’t find pumpkin spice coffee creamer or make your own?
Then you can just use regular cream in this Pumpkin White Russian cocktail and add a bit more of the pumpkin pie spice!
How do you make a Pumpkin White Russian?
The full recipe with ingredient quantities can be found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
There are several ways you can mix cocktails – you can shake them, stir them, or blend them…. for this White Russian we’re going to get our Tom Cruise in the movie Cocktail groove on and shake this bad boy up in a cocktail shaker.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you could just use a container with a tight-fitting lid – like a mason jar, water bottle, or even the cup on a blender or smoothie maker.
Add all of the ingredients – Kahlua, Vodka, pumpkin spice creamer, pumpkin purée, pumpkin spice and lots of ice to a cocktail shaker and shake, shake, shake!
Pour your shaken cocktail into a glass and garnish with a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice and a cinnamon stick stirrer. Enjoy!
Make It A Meal!
The beverage is covered, but what about other dishes to make this recipe into a full meal? Here are my suggestions!
- Starter/Appetizer: Slow Cooker Pumpkin + Apple Soup
- Main Dish: Hungarian Chicken Stew
- Side Dish: I don’t have a ton of side dishes on my blog (yet!) but I’ve got a mega list of 100 side dishes that I rounded up. The list was created for Christmas, but there is a ton of great sides to enjoy year-round!
- Dessert: Triple Layer Pumpkin Brownies Recipe
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
More Cocktails To Make
Once you’ve made this Pumpkin White Russian you might be looking for more cocktail recipes – here are some more for you to check out:
This cocktail recipe is intended for adults of legal drinking age in your country of residence. Please drink responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
- 2 parts vodka
- 1 part Kahlua
- 1 part pumpkin spice coffee creamer
- ½ part canned pumpkin purée
- pumpkin pie spice
- Ice Cubes
- Cinnamon stick (optional)
- Place all the vodka, Kahlua, creamer, pumpkin purée and a dash of pumpkin pie spice into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well to combine and chill.
- Pour into a glass over ice and sprinkle some more spice and add a cinnamon stick stirrer.
Alternatively, you can use cream instead of coffee creamer, and add more pumpkin spice to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 29gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 5gSugar: 20gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 2g
This site uses an outside source (Nutritionix) to provide estimated nutrition. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween and Fall! You can check out Crafty October from 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for tons of awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!