One-pan meals are always a winner in our house as it means less stress and less mess, and this delightful One-Pan Lemon Chicken is a popular midweek choice.
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
One-Pan Lemon Chicken
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions; to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required, and to understand the steps and timings involved.
This one-pan lemon chicken is a 30-minute recipe, perfect for preparing after a long day at work when you crave something nutritious and uplifting, but don’t want to spend hours slaving over the proverbial stove.
As the name suggests, it is all cooked in one pan, so sling in your chicken breasts, garlic, lemon, zucchini, and yellow squash for a flavorsome mid-week treat.
Ingredients & Equipment Used In This Recipe
While most ingredients can be bought in grocery stores, for your convenience, any specialized or notable ingredients (and equipment) needed for this recipe have been listed below and linked to Amazon or other stores if available online.
It does not include staple ingredients such as oil, salt, and pepper, as you’re likely to have those in your kitchen already. The complete list of ingredients with measurements is found in the recipe card.
- Protein – Chicken Breasts
- Fresh Produce – Lemons, Garlic, Red Onion, Zucchini (Courgette), Yellow Squash, Parsley, Basil
- Dried Oregano
Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog use both cup measurements and/or weighted measurements. American cups and kitchen food scales are handy pieces of equipment to have in your kitchen as it means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog. I try to give American, imperial, and metric measurements in my recipes. You can mix cup measurements with weighted measurements, but never mix imperial (pounds, ounces, pints, etc.,) with metric (kilograms, grams, litres, etc.,).
More Recipes Using Lemons
One of the hero ingredients in this dish is lemon, so here are some more recipes using the same:
- Lemony Prawn Risotto Recipe – A Delicious Summery Dish!
- Lemon and Dill Salmon with Herb Salad (20-Minute Recipe!)
- Authentic Greek-Cypriot Avgolemono – Egg Lemon Soup
More One-Pan Recipes
Looking for more one-pan dishes to make? Check these recipes out next:
- One-Pan Vegetable & Lemon Pork Traybake
- Quick & Easy One Pan Cheeseburger Sliders
- One-Pan Lemon & Rosemary Chicken Thighs
How Do I Make One-Pan Lemon Chicken?
Check out the printable recipe card below with full ingredients and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lbs (450g) chicken breasts, cubed
- ½ large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small (or ½ large) zucchini (courgette), sliced thin and cut into half rounds
- 1 small (or ½ large) yellow squash, sliced thin and cut into half rounds
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Sprigs of fresh basil
- Small lemon wedges
- Whisk 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, oregano, and minced garlic together in a large bowl. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the cubed chicken in a large bowl and pour half the marinade on top. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Add the sliced zucchini and yellow squash to the original bowl with the marinade and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the remaining tablespoon olive oil and the sliced red onion. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and start to develop some color.
- Pour the seasoned chicken into the hot skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from heat and transfer the chicken and onions to a platter. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the seasoned zucchini and yellow squash to the skillet. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook for 3-5 minute, stirring occasionally, until crisp tender and nicely browned.
- Return the chicken, onions, and juices to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat and sprinkle with remaining fresh lemon juice, chopped parsley, and springs of fresh basil. Serve immediately with additional lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 37g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Full Meal
You’ve made the main dish, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal for a dinner party or special occasion:
- Appetizer: Sweet and Savory Spiced Pecans Recipe
- Soup: Instant Pot Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
- Salad: Fig and Roasted Fennel Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Side Dish: Butter Parsley Baby Potatoes in the Instant Pot
- Beverage: Watermelon Breeze
- Dessert: Delicious & Easy Lemon Hand Pies
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too.