If you love Snow White and the Evil Queen, these Poison Apple Mickey Ears are perfect for you! If you always wanted to make your own pair of Disney Ears, this tutorial will teach you how to make them!
No sewing is involved – just some glue gun action – and the end result is stunning! These handmade Snow White Ears are perfect to wear at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, or at any Halloween parties, you’ll be attending.
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Poison Apple Mickey Ears
Confession time… I am a Disney Ears addict! I buy several pairs of Ears on each trip we take to Walt Disney World, and the fact that Disney have really upped their Mickey Ear game doesn’t help my addiction! However, the upping of their Ear game also means upping of their prices too… starting at around $27 plus tax. My
addiction hobby is becoming an expensive business!
If you don’t want to pay that much money for a pair of Disney Ears, or can’t get to a Disney Park, then you might want to make a pair of them yourself.
And that is where this no-sew Mickey ears tutorial comes in!
Now, don’t panic if you’ve seen other Disney Ear tutorials where the ears are sewn, and you can’t sew a stitch. No sewing needles or machines in sight – you just need a glue gun! And while they may look like they’re going to be complicated to make, I promise you that it is easier than you think.
Materials & Tools Needed
These Snow White Mickey Ears are made with craft foam sheets – the regular kind, and the glittery stuff too. You could buy a big pack of colours as this is a great craft material, or buy them individually.
The ears three layers each of foam – the outer layers are glitter, and the inner one is just regular foam. The poison on the apple can be either plain or glittery, and the bow is made completely from glitter foam sheets.
- Foam Sheets in Red, and White
- Glitter Foam Sheets in Red, and White – or buy a multipack of glitter foam colours for future crafting.
- Hot Glue Gun – I recommend a low temp glue gun and glue sticks so as not to melt the foam.
- Marker or Pen to trace the printable template (below)
- Red Sewing Trim
- Red Headband
How to Make No-Sew Mickey Ears
I’ve got a ton of step-by-step photos to guide you through making your Poison Apple Ears, and there is also a slideshow video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future ref. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!).
Step 1: Download and print the Poison Apple Ears template (opens in a new window/tab), then cut all the pieces out.
Step 2: Trace around the template pieces with a marker pen onto the foam, then cut everything out. This is what you will need:
- 2 x plain red ears
- 4 x glitter red ears
- 2 x plain or glitter white poison apples (flip one, so that you get the opposite angle)
- 1 x large glitter red bow
- 1 x small glitter red bow
- 1 x small glitter red bow ribbon
- 1 x strip glitter red – to wrap around to form the bow
Step 3: To assemble a Mickey Ear, take two glitter pieces and one regular piece and glue together with the glitter facing outwards. Glue the white poison apple piece on top of the red ear. Repeat for the other ear. Set aside to dry.
Step 4: To assemble the bow, take the large red glitter bow piece, bring the two ends into the middle and glue in place. Do the same with the small red glitter bow piece. Place the small bow on top of the large one and wrap the strip of red glitter foam around the middle to keep the two bows together. Glue at the back to secure everything in place. Then glue the bow to the glitter bow ribbon piece and leave all to dry.
Step 5: Now to add the trim to the ears. Apply a layer of glue all around the outside edges and press the trim to cover. Leave to dry.
Step 6: When all the pieces are dry it’s time to assemble! Glue the ears onto the top of the headband, spacing them evenly apart. Then glue the bow in the center, and leave to dry completely before wearing your homemade Mickey Ears!
There is a printable set of instructions at the end of this post for you to use offline.
How AWESOME do the Poison Apple Ears look? I mean COME ON! Wear these to a Halloween party and you’ll be the envy [and fairest one] of all! I would be inclined to make them in several different colours because they are just. That. ICONIC!
While Maleficent might be my favourite Disney Villain of all time, I LOVE the iconic poison apple from the Snow White movie and have quite a few ornaments and trinkets depicting it. As well as my own glow-in-the-dark Ears that were very rare to find in Walt Disney World back in 2014 when I bought them!
Excuse the heavily filtered photo – it was 2014, what can I say?!
Make More Disney Ears!
I’ve got more no-sew Disney Ears tutorials for you to make – once you’ve made one pair, you’ll want to keep making them!
More Halloween Crafts
And since it is Crafty October, here are some fun Halloween crafts for you to do:
- 26 Amazing Pumpkin Crafts
- 13 Spectacular Skeleton Crafts & Recipes for Halloween
- 9 Spooky Fun Ghost Crafts for Halloween
Visiting Walt Disney World for the first time? You need my Top Tips For Your First Walt Disney World Summer Holiday!
- Red, and White Foam Sheets
- Red, and White Glitter Foam Sheets
- Red Sewing Trim
- Red Headband
- Craft Knife
- Low Heat Hot Glue Gun + Glue Sticks
- Marker or Pen
- Download and print the Poison Apple Mickey Ears template. Cut the pieces out.
- Trace around and cut the template pieces on the following foam colours: 2 x plain red ears; 4 x glitter red ears; 2 x white plain or glitter poison apple pieces - remember to flip one; 1 x large glitter red bow; 1 x small glitter red bow; 1 x small glitter red bow ribbon; 1 x strip glitter red - to wrap around to form the bow.
- Assemble each pumpkin head/ear part individually by taking two glitter pieces and one regular piece and gluing together with the glitter facing outwards. Repeat this until you have Mickey ears. Glue on the poison apple pieces. Leave to dry completely.
- To assemble the bow, take the large red glitter bow piece, bring the two ends into the middle and glue in place. Do the same with the small red glitter bow piece. Place the small bow on top of the large one and wrap the strip of red glitter foam around the middle to keep the two bows together. Glue at the back to secure everything in place. Then glue the assembled bow to the red glitter bow ribbon and leave all to dry.
- Apply glue around the edges of the dried red Mickey heads and press trim around to cover. Leave to dry.
- To assemble your Mickey ears, glue the ears to the headband, and finish with the bow in the center.
- Leave to dry thoroughly and then your Snow White Poison Apple Mickey Ears are ready to be worn!
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog and is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! You can check out Crafty October from 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!