As if these Caramel Apple Cookies couldn’t be any more awesome, and full of the flavors of fall, they also have chocolate chips in them which increases their awesomeness! They are easy to make and bake and who can resist the combination of caramel and apple together? A perfect pairing for autumn! Enjoy one or two (or more!) of these cookies with a glass of milk, or a hot cup of tea on a cool afternoon – irresistible!
I’ve got more Autumn Recipes for you to enjoy – right click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
This post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog – a celebration of everything Halloween and Autumn. Now in its 8th year, the 2019 series is bigger and better, running from September 1st, all the way through All Hallows’ Eve on October 31st!
I have included links to some useful cooking products in this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a small commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Caramel Apple Cookies
You have to make a batch of these cookies, like, immediately! They taste so good and are packed with chocolate chips, caramel chips, and dried apple. You could use freeze-dried apple cubes if you like. Fresh apple would also work – just remember to dice them up really small.
This recipe makes 40 cookies – so make sure you’ve got plenty of hungry mouths to feed with them! They store in an airtight container for about a week.
Ingredients used in this recipe
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post, but here is a brief outline so you know what to expect from the recipe. I highly recommend always reading a recipe all the way through before starting.
- Unsalted Butter
- White Sugar (Caster Sugar)
- Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- All-Purpose Flour (Plain Flour)
- Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Chips
- Dried Apples
Equipment used in this recipe
Gather the following cooking tools to make these cookies:
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cookie Sheet/Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Electric Mixer – stand or handheld
- Mixing Bowl
- Small Ice Cream Scoop – to divide the cookie dough evenly
- Wire Cooling Rack
I would love if you shared this on Pinterest – just use the button below. Your shares are how The Purple Pumpkin Blog grows and I am sincerely grateful every time you share something ♥ You are welcome to follow me on Pinterest too where I share tons of great ideas and inspiration!
How do you make Caramel Apple Cookies?
As with most cookie recipes, preheat your oven and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Then using an electric mixer beat together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until creamy.
Then sift flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl and gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating on low speed until combined.
Then stir in the chocolate chips, caramel chips, and apple pieces until incorporated.
Use a small ice cream scoop to measure out the cookie dough, placing the cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets about 3″ apart.
Bake for 10 and remove from the oven. Leave to cool for a few minutes on the sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses? Here are some recipes to take a look at to make a complete meal!
- Appetizer: Cuban Black Bean Soup
- Main Dish: Glazed Roast Chicken
- Side Dish: I don’t have a ton of side dishes on my blog (yet!) but I’ve got a mega list of 100 side dishes that I rounded up. The list was created for Christmas, but there is a ton of great sides to enjoy year-round!
- Beverage: Apple Cider Dark & Stormy
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
More Recipes Using Apples
- Apple Pie Layer Cake with Cinnamon Frosting & Walnut Crumble Topping
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Apples
- Blackberry & Apple Jam
More Cookie Recipes
Once you’ve made these apple and caramel cookies, I know you’ll be looking for more cookie recipes to try out. Here are some of my favourites:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cups chocolate chips
- ¾ cups caramel chips
- 1 cup dried apple, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Place butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium until creamy.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl and then gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating on low speed, until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and increase to medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, caramel chips, and chopped dried apple pieces until well incorporated.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to measure out the cookie dough and place the cookie balls on the lined cookie sheet(s) about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for about a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 119mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
The Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween and Fall! You can check out Crafty October from 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012 for tons of awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!