Use this free printable paper pumpkin template to build a pumpkin for Halloween!
This fun craft helps children to improve their cutting and pasting skills, as well as the opportunity to get creative with other materials too – like sticking on pieces of fabric, or buttons for eyes for example.
We have included affiliate links to valuable products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on those links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Build A Paper Pumpkin Template
I introduced my cute chubby roly-poly Halloween characters a few years ago, and have used them in various Halloween printables too.
The set currently includes the following characters: Bat, Black Cat, Lil’ Devil, Dracula, Frankenstein, Ghost, Pumpkin, Purple Pumpkin, Werewolf, and Witch.
You’ll find links to all of my buildable characters at the end of this post.
This year, after lots of requests, I’m turning them all into buildable templates like my Build-An-Animal series of characters. And like my animal characters, these Halloween characters are also getting names!
Introducing – Pierre the Pumpkin!
My cute chubby little [animal] characters are anthropomorphic, which basically means that they’ll have human traits – like standing on two legs instead of four.
And of course, they are far from realistic! I go for cute when I create characters for my printables!
As with all my printables, they come in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″)
I’ve created two sizes for this cute free printable paper pumpkin:
- Regular size, which is what you see in the image at the top of the page, with all of the pieces on one sheet of paper
- Large size, with the pieces spread over several sheets – which you can see in the photo further down the page.
- Buy the Black-and-White Build A Pumpkin in our Purple Pumpkin Printables Shop!
Since I make my characters from fairly simple shapes, I think they’ll be less fiddly to cut out than my Build-an-Olaf series of printables.
The regular size printable is for children that are more skilled at cutting.
The large size should be a lot easier for younger children.
Or you could cut the pieces out for them.
Of course, you know your children, so will know what suits them best!
Download your chosen printable from the list further down the page (they’re surrounded by a purple box!), and print onto thick paper or thin card. Cut the pieces out, then build a pumpkin for Halloween!
You could stick pieces together with a glue stick, roller glue, or sticky tape.
You could mount it onto a larger piece of paper and use other craft materials to embellish it – furry material, glitter, googly eyes, sequins, buttons, tissue paper, for example.
You could laminate the pieces so that they can be reassembled over and over again!
Most of all, just have fun with this printable!
Paper Pumpkin Template Downloads
Download Large Build-a-Pumpkin Template
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Download Regular Build-a-Pumpkin Template
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop
Other Buildable Characters!
We have lots of other buildable characters that you may like to download:
- Build An Animal Series
- Build A Person Series
- Build A Halloween Character Series
- Build A Christmas Character Series
- Build A Star Wars Character Series
- Build A Disney Character Series
- Build An Olaf
Printable Halloween Escape Rooms
Escape Rooms have exploded in popularity over the past few years, but why not bring the experience to your home this Halloween with a printable Escape Room? The games can be printed and set up in just 20 minutes, so you can enjoy the fun.
Halloween Party Game Ideas!
In fact, at just $49, you save 60% – that’s a discount of $76, to be precise. Amazing value!
The four kits included in the box are (which you can buy individually if you prefer):
- Envy Murder Mystery – A 1920s Gatsby-style murder mystery game of debaucherous luxury and deadly feuds. Get ready for a night of velvet gloves, blood-stained.
- Lost Mummy – Get ready to unearth Egypt’s ancient secrets as your crew investigates the mystery of the Lost Mummy.
- Rebel Revolt Spy Mission – Your crew of specialists will need their wits about them if there’s any chance of breaking into the evil government’s W.A.R. facility.
- Escape Room Z – Your living room’s about to be invaded by the living dead. What do they want? Your pizza, of course…
But that’s not all! You’ll also get the following:
- The Skulls Party Game – This poster and prop pack adds some atmosphere to your party, and it comes with a custom Skulls card game to challenge your crew with.
- Exclusive BONUS Puzzles – Made by gamers, for gamers! (You can even make your own!) Make sure to grab your Halloween-exclusive extras before they disappear into the mist…
- Ancient Treasure Maps – Create a frightful scavenger hunt where X marks the (your!) grave site.
The post is part of the Crafty October series on The Purple Pumpkin Blog and is filled with free printables, crafts, recipes, and more for Halloween! You can check out Crafty October from 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 for awesome Halloween ideas and inspiration!
The free printables are in PDF format and can be opened with the free-to-use Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF Reader). If the download is a Zip File, it can be downloaded with WinZip, WinRar, or other software typically bundled on computers. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read our full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at an online print shop or print shop in-store if you don’t have access to a printer; however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest, and on your blog/website with a link to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or your blog/website. If you use any of our printables, it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform you hang out on, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so we can find you!