If you’re a Disney fan and a crafter, you’re going to love making this Mickey and Minnie Button Art! Taking just 30 minutes to create, you will need a few simple craft supplies including buttons, craft glue, and our free printable pattern template!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Mickey and Minnie Button Art
The full list of materials, tools, and instructions is found in the printable tutorial card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through before starting this project to ensure that you have everything required and understand the steps and timings involved.
If you’re a fan of Disney, or just love adorable decorations, you’re going to love this craft idea!
We’re going to show you how to make Mickey and Minnie button art canvases using supplies that you may already have in your crafting stash.
Using our free printable template and lots of buttons, this is a fun craft project that all ages will enjoy.
This quick and easy button craft takes about 30 minutes (not including drying time) and it will make a magical addition to a tiered tray, or home décor display to celebrate your love of the MOUSE!
Or you could make both Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse button art as a lovely homemade gift for the Disney fan in your life. Let’s get crafting!
Materials & Tools Used in This Craft
For your convenience, I’ve linked any notable materials and tools needed for this project to Amazon below. (It may not include basic crafting supplies such as glue or scissors, as you may already have those.) The complete list of ALL supplies required can be found on the tutorial card at the end of this post.
- 6 x 6″ Burlap Canvas – if you can’t find a burlap canvas, you could use regular white ones instead. Or stretch some burlap fabric over the frame and staple it into place. It all depends on your personal preference!
- Red Buttons – assorted sizes
- Black Buttons – assorted sizes
- White Buttons – assorted sizes
- Yellow Buttons – 2 (1-inch) for Mickey
- 5/8” wide Grosgrain Ribbon – Red with White Polka Dots for Minnie
- Liquid Craft Glue – use a glue that dries clear
- Tape Adhesive Runner – or you could use some tape, this is to hold the template in place
- Mickey and Minnie Button Art Pattern – click to download the printable pattern
Cheap Craft Supplies
A great thing about this craft idea is that it’s budget-friendly using supplies you may already have or can be purchased cheaply in stores:
If you’re in the USA, check out your local Dollar Store or Dollar Tree; and if you’re in the UK, the Poundshop, The Range, Wilko, and Baker Ross are great places to shop for cheap and inexpensive craft supplies. The rest of the world reading this – I don’t know every cheap store – sorry! But hunt the ones out in your location for crafting bargains!
More Disney Crafts
If you’re looking for more Disney crafts to do, here are some more for you to check out. Right-click and open a new tab to read next:
- Disney-Inspired Mickey & Minnie Photo Frames Craft
- Disney Villain Maleficent’s Diablo Raven Wreath for Halloween
- Gorgeous Mickey Mouse Topiary Craft with Looped Ribbons
I’ve shared lots of great craft ideas on The Purple Pumpkin Blog over the years, in fact, there are 100+ crafts to make and do at home for you to try!
- You will need the Mickey-head shape template to create this button art. Download it here.
- If you can’t find burlap canvases, you can use regular white ones instead.
- Alternatively, if you like the burlap style, you could cut some burlap to size, stretch, and staple it over the white canvas.
- Use glue that will dry clear. White PVA “school” glue usually dries clear and is a great cheap option.
How Do I Make Mickey and Minnie Button Art Canvases?
Just check out the how-to card below with full materials, tools, and instructions. Any demonstration photos do not print out to save your ink.
- 2 (6x6"/15x15cm) Burlap Canvases
- Red Button Assortment
- Black Button Assortment
- White Button Assortment
- 2 (1".2,5cn) Yellow Buttons
- 5/8” Red and White Polka Dots Grosgrain Ribbon
- Mickey and Minnie Button Art Pattern
- Liquid Craft Glue**
- Glue Tape Runner
- Download and print the Mickey and Minnie Button Art Pattern. Cut out the mouse outline and attach the frame (or negative) to the canvas with glue tape. You can use the negative to do an outline of the famous Mouse couple.
- Using the intersection of where the ears meet the head, dry fit a variety of red buttons across the bottom and black buttons across the top to create a line.
- Attach the first row of red buttons and the first row of black buttons using liquid craft glue. Either slide the row of buttons out of the way and apply a line of glue or remove each button and attach it with dots of glue.
- Continue adding red buttons to the bottom section of the canvas. Use a variety of sizes, and don’t worry about any small gaps.
- Add black buttons to the top section of the canvas, using the smallest buttons to fill in the curves. Repeat the above steps for the second canvas.
- Attach the two one-inch yellow buttons to the top center of the red button section of the Mickey Canvas to create his shorts.
- Attach small white buttons in random order on the red button section of the Minnie Canvas to create her polka-dotted dress.
- Once the first layer and the accents are attached, add additional red and black buttons on a second layer to hide any of the burlap canvas gaps.
- Tie the red and white polka dot ribbon in a bow, trimming any long ends with scissors. Attach between the ears on the Minnie Canvas with liquid craft glue. Set both canvases aside to dry.
- When dry, display where desired!
- *This project uses burlap canvases, but you can use regular white stretched canvases.
- **Choose a glue that dries clear.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.