I’ve been updating my Chinese New Year Printables for 2017 and the Year of the Rooster, but I wanted to create some new ones too. For a long time I’ve wanted to make free printable Chinese Take Out Boxes, and I’ve finally have them for you! I love making these printables for you to use, and I hope you love using them!
Printable Chinese Take Out Boxes
I know I’m cutting it fine for Chinese New Year for 2017 with these, but I wanted to be able to demonstrate what they look like as they’re a completely new printable on my blog. I had also planned on filming a quick video to show you how to fold these, but, I haven’t had the chance to do so, and would rather get the printable out there, and revisit this when the video is done. I’ll be sharing different designs over the year, as these cute little take out boxes are perfect for party favors!
As with pretty much all my printables, they come in two paper sizes – A4 for the UK, and 8.5 x 11″ for the USA (and other countries that use these paper sizes as standard). I have also have a printable for A3 sheets of paper. I know this is a more specialised type of printer for this size, but they are available.
I don’t have a printer that can accommodate A3 paper, so I have been using an online printers called DoxDirect. They do not have a minimum order, which means you can print just one sheet if you want to (plus P&P) – very handy! I was pleased with the quality of the print, and the colour was very close to what I see on the screen. Disclaimer though, as I say in all of my printables, colour may vary on different screens and printers.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here!
Printable Chinese Take Out Boxes Downloads
There are four designs in each colour background. The A4 and 8.5 x 11″ printables makes 5cm/2″ (approx) boxes; the A3 printable makes 7cm/2.75″ (approx) boxes. Downloads open in new window.
- Print the desired number of boxes onto thick white paper or thin white card.
- Cut each template out, and score along the lines as shown by the black lines (img.1). The line on the "lid" needs to be cut all the way through for the tab to slot into it.
- Begin folding. I start with the straight (not diagonal!) lines, folding them inwards towards the un-printed side (img.2).
- The diagonal lines get folded inwards too. You want to then make the two un-printed sides of the diagonal pieces touch, as they will form the outer flaps for the take out box (img.3).
- Fold the flaps over one another and staple into place (img.4). You could use a strong glue if you preferred, but staples is so much easier!
- Fold the top flaps down, and push the tab into the slot. That is the box complete!
- You could add a wire handle if you have some to hand (I didn't for this demo)
- Add some tissue paper, and some candy or even a fortune cookie, for a sweet party favor.
Crafting supplies you might need…
Please feel free to share these free printable Chinese take out boxes by using the social buttons on the side or bottom of this post, and don’t forget that you can subscribe to The Purple Pumpkin Blog by email, on Feedly or on Bloglovin’ so you don’t miss out!
The document(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use.
Printables created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog are for personal use only and not for resale. If you wish to link to, pin or share my printables, you are welcome to do so as long as a link back to the blog post is shown and the watermarks are kept intact. Colours may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Just leave me a comment, here on my blog, on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest! I hope you find them useful!