There are so many reasons why you must use this superb Free Printable Travel Journal next time you are planning a trip! Every vacation you take, whether alone, with your partner, with friends, or with family, deserves to be planned and documented. In turn, your trip will be remembered for years to come thanks to this journal!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Free Printable Travel Journal
Traveling is a fantastic opportunity to see the globe and learn about different cultures. It’s also a lot of fun!
If you’re going on a vacation soon, be sure to keep track of your activities with this free printable travel journal/diary.
There is plenty of room in this printable for you to record your thoughts, experiences, and recollections from your trip.
Plus you can print a copy for everyone in your travel party (there is no age limit on the printable!) and you can re-print it for all of your trips as you take them.
Document Your Adventures!
Traveling is a great time for personal growth, meeting new people, and discovering what the world has to offer.
One thing you’re likely to do while travelling is to snap photos to document what you see.
While photographs are lovely, things like thoughts, feelings, scents, noises, and even conversations are frequently lost with the passage of time.
However, if you keep notes about your trip, you will be able to chronicle those things that the camera will not be able to catch.
Each colorful page gives you the opportunity to jot down all the details of your trip, including subjects or points of view that you may not usually consider making note of.
You will then be able to relive the memories by just reading your travel journal and looking at your pictures.
Reliving our vacations is why I write (and share!) my Disney trip reports on my blog!
How To Print Your Free Printable Travel Journal
- Printables are available in two paper sizes – A4 and US Letter (8.5″ x 11″). Download the size that is appropriate for your printer.
- You will find the download links further down this page surrounded by a purple box. Tap the purple download buttons to save the file(s) to your device.
- Using a printer, print out the whole journal onto good quality white paper. If your printer has a duplex function, you can use that to print the journal onto both sides of the paper.
- Alternatively, you could send the file to an online print shop and have it bound for you too.
Is This A Guided Travel Journal?
Every travel adventure is different, so, this isn’t a guided journal as such, but there are ten questions to get you started, as well as motivational quotes to inspire you.
- Talk about the places where you are considering traveling.
- Which destination seems to keep drawing you back? Why?
- Do you have a goal or specific reason for traveling to the next place?
- Write about your expectations regarding the upcoming trip.
- Write about the destination research you’ve done so far.
- What “Must See” suggestions have you gotten from others? Which of these are a good fit for you and interest you the most?
- What fascinates you about your destination and why?
- What is the funniest thing that’s happened in your journey?
- What surprised you most about the people, culture, food, etc.?
- What advice would you give others about going to this destination?
How To Use Your Free Printable Journal
Remember that the more frequently you write and the more information you include, the more you will appreciate your travel journal after you get home.
Here are more ideas when journalling your travel adventures:
- Plan your vacation with the help of your journal. Discuss why you choose the destination, time, excursions, and so forth.
- Write about how you picture your trip unfolding and what you want to accomplish, then compare that to how it actually happened!
- How did you travel? Plane, train, automobile? Did anything noteworthy happen? What did you enjoy (and not enjoy) about traveling?
- Write about what happens to you and how you feel while you’re on your journey, as well as your daily activities and experiences.
- Discuss someone you met or something you witnessed that left an impression on you.
- Consider what surprised or shocked you, what made you smile, or what you learned on that day.
- Include photographs, ticket stubs, and other vacation keepsakes.
- Include a map and highlight the locations you visited.
- Document your thoughts once you return from your travels. Would you have changed anything, would you return for another visit – why or why not?
Fill your printable travel journal to your heart’s content! You can always print more pages to fill!
Every trip deserves to be remembered!
More Travel Journaling Tips
While journaling, remember to:
- Add the date and title to your entries and memorable moments.
- Write every day and include plenty of details like sights, sounds, smells, feelings, and thoughts.
- If you’re in a rush and cannot document your day, at least make a few notes with any important details. Bullet points are your friend! Then finish the entry as soon as possible as memories tend to fade after a few days.
- If you’re journaling for someone other than yourself, (much like I do with my trip reports!) consider questions they might ask and information that might be helpful to the reader at a later date.
- Once you’ve completed your travel journal, the precious memories of your trip and all that you saw and learned will be safely documented forever.
Download Free Printable Travel Journal
Click the download link to save the printable file(s) to your computer.
The Shop opens in a new tab/window.
Visit The Purple Pumpkin Shop for more awesome printables and products!
More Travel Printables
Looking for other travel printables to download? Right-click and open these ones in a new tab to check out next:
- Holiday/Vacation Packing Lists | Free Printables
- Free Printable “My Disney Trip Report” for Kids
- Disney Parks Day Pack Checklist – Free Printables!
Over the years I’ve created a variety of printables – for crafts, parties, organisation, celebrations like Halloween, Christmas, and more! Here are 100+ Free Printables to download and use!
The free printable(s) is (are) a PDF and can be opened with Adobe Reader which is free to use. Printables designed and created by The Purple Pumpkin Blog and its Designers are for PERSONAL USE ONLY and NOT FOR RESALE under any circumstances. Please read the full Terms and Conditions. You are welcome to print these free printables at a print shop if you don’t have a printer at home, however, some print shops may not print licensed characters. Colors may vary slightly on printing due to different screen and printer settings. You may share this free printable blog post on social media, including Pinterest; as well as share it on your blog/website with a link back to this blog post. Please DO NOT share the PDF on social media or on your blog/website. If you use any of my printables it would be awesome to know about it! Post a picture on the social media platform that you hang out on, and follow me: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest! Use the hashtag #TPPBprintables so I can find you! I hope you enjoy these free printables!