A huge selection of tempting Cinco de Mayo Recipes! Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this delicious selection of Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes. You’ll find all your favourites here from tacos to tostadas, from mole to margaritas, from fajitas to flan!
These delicious recipes will make sure your fiesta goes off with a bang!
Cinco de Mayo Recipes
Cinco de Mayo – Spanish for “Fifth of May” – is an annual celebration held on May 5. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army’s unlikely victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862.
Cinco de Mayo is sometimes mistaken for Mexico’s Independence Day—the most important national holiday in Mexico—which is celebrated on September 16, commemorating the Cry of Dolores that initiated the war of Mexican independence from Spain.
In the United States, Cinco de Mayo has taken on a significance beyond that in Mexico. In the U.S. the date has become associated with the celebration of Mexican-American culture. In Mexico, the commemoration of the battle continues to be mostly ceremonial, such as through military parades. – Wikipedia
I’ve rounded up a great selection of Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes, so you can cook up a storm for a Cinco de Mayo fiesta – or any other Mexican themed party you are planning on throwing!
The first eight recipes in this list are from The Purple Pumpkin Blog. We love Mexican and Tex-Mex food, and I would love to visit Mexico one day to soak in the culture, and try the food and drink in its homeland. The rest of the recipes are from other food bloggers. Links will open up in new tabs/windows so that you don’t lose your place on this mega list!
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Quesadillas
- Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- Pork in Coffee-Chipotle Marinade
- Homemade Guacamole
- Mexican Bean Salsa
- Mexican Rice
- Black Bean, Sweetcorn & Avocado Salsa
- Pico de Gallo
- Instant Pot Carnitas – Instant Pot Party
- Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos – Smashed Peas and Carrots
- Low Carb, Paleo Coconut Flour Tortilla Wraps – Wholesome Yum
- Lentil Veggie Tacos – Strength & Sunshine
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Peach Salsa – Thrifty Jinxy
This post contains Amazon Affiliate and other affiliate links. If you clicked the link then made a purchase, a small percentage of the sale price would be paid to this me. It doesn’t cost you anything more but it helps keep the lights on over here!
- Low Carb, Paleo, Shredded Taco Pork – Peace, Love & Low Carb
- Gluten-Free Chip & Guacamole Bites – My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Gluten-Free Baked Jalapeño Poppers – Strength & Sunshine
- Gluten-Free Pinto Bean Tamales – Strength & Sunshine
- Chicken Black Bean Casserole – Hearth & Vine
- Chicken Tinga Tostadas – A Reinvented Mom
- Tacos as Pastor – Saving You Dinero
- Copycat Chili’s Salsa – Half Scratched
- Black Bean Burger – We’re Parents
- Pressure Cooker Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Tacos – Half Scratched
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa – We’re Parents
- DIY Ta-Cones – Two Healthy Kitchens
- Mole Poblano – Rick Stein
- Jalapeño Dip – Peas and Crayons
- Mexican Fiesta Black Bean Dip – Two Healthy Kitchens
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers – The Kitchen Is My Playground
- Bite-Sized Chipotle Chicken Tostadas – Suburban Simplicity
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup – Easy Instant Recipes
- Loaded Mexican Sweet Potato Fries – Peas and Crayons
- Cowboy Caviar – Half Scratched
- Chocolate Covered Cactus Pretzels – Crayons and Cravings
- Tres Leches Cake – Saving You Dinero
- Mexican Flan – My Latina Table
- Arroz con Leche – Isabel Eats
- Mexican Chocolate Shots – Snappy Gourmet
- Crullers (Churros) – Food Network
- Wine-a-Rita – Have Fun Saving
- Coconut Mojito – The Kitchen Is My Playground
- Cherry Matador Cocktail – Snappy Gourmet
- Virgin Margarita – Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Sugar Free Margarita – Wholesome Yum
- White Peach Sangria – Not Just Paper and Paint
Please feel free to share these 37+ Tempting Cinco de Mayo Recipes by using the social buttons at the bottom of this post!
Don’t forget that you can also join The Pumpkin Patch for member exclusive freebies, offers, and more.
Follow The Purple Pumpkin Blog posts on Feedly or on Bloglovin’ so that you don’t miss out!
Save this post to Pinterest ⬇