These thick and creamy Vanilla Milkshakes served up in a glass decorated with chocolate and sprinkles will bring smiles to everyone in your family! You can make these milkshakes in less than 10 minutes and they use just 3 ingredients. Add whipped cream for an extra special treat – don’t forget the cherry on top!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post. I highly recommend reading the blog post all the way through so that you don’t miss any tips or substitution suggestions and to ensure that you have all the ingredients and equipment required as well as understand the steps and timings involved.
I don’t think there is anything any better than a thick vanilla shake! It’s one of my favorite flavors of shake – yum!
This milkshake recipe made with vanilla ice cream that has been mixed together with whole milk and vanilla extract is great for parties or for really any reason at all!
If you’re up for it, I’ve got a no-churn vanilla ice cream recipe that is so easy to make and would make the BEST homemade vanilla milkshakes!
(If you wanted to make chocolate shakes, why not use some homemade chocolate sauce?)
Top off with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry – or more sprinkles or even chocolate chips – it’s your shake!
They’re a handy piece of kitchen equipment to have along with a kitchen food scale. Having both in your kitchen means you’ll be able to make all of the different recipes on my blog as I use both cups and weighted measures.
More Ice Cream Recipes
One of the hero ingredients in this recipe is ice cream, so here are some more ice cream recipes for you to try!
How Do I Make Vanilla Milkshakes?
Just check out the recipe card below with full ingredients, instructions, and demonstration photos. You can print the card out too (don’t worry, the pics don’t print to save your ink!).
For Glass Decoration
- ⅓ cup rainbow sprinkles
- ¼ cup mini-chocolate chips
For the Milkshake
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup whole milk (plus extra to adjust consistency as desired)
- Whipped cream
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Maraschino Cherries
- Pour the rainbow sprinkles onto a plate and set aside.
- Place a small ramekin, topside down, inside a shallow bowl wide enough to fit the top of each serving glass, as shown.
- Pour the mini-chocolate chips around the ramekin. (If unavailable, add one-half cup of regular size chocolate chips directly to the bowl.). Microwave on 50% power just until the chips melt, approximately 2-3 minutes. Check after 90 seconds to determine total microwave time.
- Remove from microwave and carefully break up any remaining solid pieces of chocolate with a fork.
- Dip the tops of each glass into the melted chocolate, and then roll the chocolate-coated edge in the rainbow sprinkles. Roll each glass edge until uniformly coated. Turn upright and set aside to dry.
- Add the ice cream, vanilla extract, and milk to a blender and blend until smooth. Add a little additional milk to reach preferred consistency, if desired.
- To serve, pour the milkshake into the prepared glasses and top with whipped cream, additional sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!
You can use corn syrup to stick the sprinkles to the rim of the glass if you don't want to use chocolate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 705Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 3gSugar: 72gProtein: 9g
This site uses Nutritionix to provide estimated nutrition. Nutritional information is always approximate and will depend on the quality of ingredients used and serving sizes. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the dessert (or is it a drink?), but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Black Bean Salsa Cups Appetizer
- Main Dish: Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- Side Dish: Hot Mexican Rice Salad
- Beverage: Frozen Blueberry Margaritas – A Refreshing Adult Slush Drink!
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy – please feel free to check them out too!