February is the mark of 3 birthdays in my family – my son, my sister and my brother. Quite often we do one get together to celebrate them all, and I was on cake duty. My sister, who was 30 requested an ice-cream cake, which I’ve never made before, so I just made it up and created this super simple, super delicious Chocolate + Peanut Ice Cream Cake!
I made my ice-cream cake in a springform tin to make it a little bit easy to remove when it has frozen. The tin was around 7″. It is hard to give exact quantities as it will depend on the size of the tin that you use! But really, you can’t make a mistake with this, so just wing it like I did!
- ready-made chocolate brownie - or make your own!
- tin of caramel
- large handful of peanuts
- vanilla ice-cream, slightly softened
- chocolate ganache or sauce
- whipped cream or a can of squirty cream
- maraschino cherries to decorate
- Break up the brownie and press into the bottom of the tin to line it. The thickness of this layer is up to you!
- Pour the caramel into a bowl and stir in the peanuts. Pour this mixture over the chocolate brownie base and spread out to evenly cover.
- Pile in scoops of ice-cream and start leveling off until you reach the top of the tin.
- Cover with plastic wrap and pop into the freezer until you are ready to serve.
- Remove the ice-cream cake from the freezer about 10 minutes before you're going to serve it. Release the springform tin and gently press out.
- Place on a cake stand and pour over the chocolate sauce until covered.
- Add a layer of whipped cream and decorate with the cherries.
- Eat and enjoy!!