A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away you’ll find the recipe for these awesome Star Wars Cupcakes! Have fun making Princess Leia cupcakes and Chewbacca cupcakes that are perfect for Star Wars parties and movie nights!
With Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker released soon, it’s time to watch all the other movies in preparation – make these galactic cupcakes and celebrate! May the Force be with you!
I’ve got lots of fun and easy Cupcake Recipes for Parties and celebrations (and for everyday treats!) for you to try out – right-click and open these other recipes in a new tab so that you can read them after this one!
I have included links to some useful cooking products in this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a small commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Star Wars Cupcakes
This is a cupcake decorating recipe – which means you can use whatever cupcakes you like. Whether you buy them ready-made, use a box mix, or bake them from scratch, the choice is yours.
You can check out the Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe on my blog, which you can also use to make chocolate cupcakes too.
Similarly, you can use store-bought frosting, or make your own.
Ingredients used in this recipe
The full ingredients list and instructions are found in the printable recipe card at the end of this post, but here is a brief outline so you know what to expect from the recipe.
I highly recommend always reading a recipe all the way through before starting.
You are may have these ingredients or cooking tools in your kitchen already, but I’ve added some Amazon links for your convenience should you need to purchase anything for this recipe.
- Chocolate Frosting
- Vanilla Frosting
- Candy Eyeballs
- Black Fondant
- Heart Sprinkles
- White Nonpareil Sprinkles
- Chocolate Coated Mini Donuts
Equipment used in this recipe
Star Wars Recipe Tips
- I’ve got several step-by-step photos in the printable recipe card to guide you through which I hope you will find useful! (The images do not print out.)
- There is also a Star Wars Cupcakes slideshow video over on my YouTube channel that you can watch and save to your Playlists for future reference. (Don’t forget to subscribe while you are there!)
- To make decorating these cupcakes really simple, complete each step in batches. For example, pipe the frosting on for Chewies first on all the cupcakes, before moving to the next step. This helps make the process a lot quicker too.
- Use a pair of tweezers to pick up the nonpareils sprinkles if you find them too small to handle with your fingers.
Chewbacca’s belt is made using fondant. If you have never worked with fondant before, don’t panic – it is really easy to use, follow my tips and you’ll be just fine!
You don’t have to wait for the fondant belts to dry before using.
- Dust your work surface with powdered sugar so that the fondant doesn’t stick. Think of it like the way you use flour when rolling out dough.
- Rub a little powdered sugar into your hands and knead a handful of the fondant to make it more pliable before rolling, rather than using straight from the package.
- Dust your rolling pin too, and roll fondant to about ¼” thick. Some fondant rolling pins have guides you can use.
- If there is excess powdered sugar on the fondant pieces, you can gently brush away with a pastry brush, or an unused, clean paintbrush.
- Alternatively, you can use a vodka spray. Pour some vodka into a mini spray bottle and gently mist the fondant. Vodka dries quicker than water which is why it is usually used when handling fondant.
- Always make extra pieces – that way if some break or you have another mishap, you have got backups that you can use.
- After using fondant the surface will be super sticky (it always is in my experience!) so you will probably have to wipe away the sugar first, then give it a soapy hot wash over and then another clean over! You can always by a fondant rolling mat for easier cleanup!
Share this post with your family and friends on social media – just use the buttons below!
Your shares are how The Purple Pumpkin Blog grows and I am sincerely grateful every time you share something. ♥
Make It A Meal!
You’ve made the dessert, but what about the rest of the courses?
Here are additional recipes to make a full meal!
- Appetizer: Cheese-Stuffed Taco Meatballs Party Appetizer
- Main Dish: One Pan Chicken & Chorizo Tray Bake
- Side Salad: Black Bean, Sweetcorn and Avocado Salsa
- Beverage: Apple Cider Margarita
There are 500+ Recipes on The Purple Pumpkin Blog for you to enjoy! Please feel free to check them out too.
More Disney Recipes
Need more Disney recipes in your life? (I don’t have any more Star Wars ones at the moment – sorry!) Here are some for you to look at next:
- Disney Haunted Mansion Cupcakes
- Buzz Lightyear Mocktail for Kids!
- Jack Skellington Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies
- Snowman Mickey Mouse Gingerbread Cookies
Know someone who would love to make these Star Wars cupcakes? Why not forward the recipe onto them by email or WhatsApp?
For Princess Leia
- 12 cupcakes
- 1 to 2 cups vanilla frosting in white
- 2 to 3 cups chocolate frosting
- Candy eyeballs
- Heart sprinkles
- 12 chocolate-coated mini donuts
- 12 cupcakes
- 2 to 3 cups chocolate frosting
- Candy eyeballs
- Black fondant
- White nonpareil sprinkles
- To decorate Princess Leia cupcakes, add vanilla frosting to the top of the cupcakes using a piping bag or knife and spread out to create a flat surface.
- Place chocolate frosting into a piping bag fitted with an open star tip. Pipe Leia's hairline at the top of the cupcakes.
- Press two candy eyeballs onto the white frosting and add a heart sprinkle to form a mouth.
- Attach a donut to each side of the cupcakes using toothpicks. (Make sure you let people know that they are there.)
- To decorate Chewbacca cupcakes, place chocolate frosting into a piping bag fitted with an open star tip. Pipe stars on top of the cupcakes to create Chewie's fur. Press down any pointed peaks.
- Press two candy eyeballs into the frosting.
- Roll out black fondant and cut into strips approximately ¾ inch by 2 inches (2cm x 5cm).
- Press (12) white nonpareils into fondant in a pattern.
- Lift fondant strips using an offset spatula and place at a diagonal across the cupcakes.
- With remaining black fondant, pinch a small piece and shape into a tiny ball for the nose. Place one nose under the eyes on each cupcake.
- May the Force be with you! Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 724Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 2gSugar: 81gProtein: 5g
This site uses an outside source (Nutritionix) to provide estimated nutrition. If you need exact calories and macros, please do your own calculations.