At the time of writing it is #AfternoonTeaWeek, and I’m back with 25+ Scrumptious Afternoon Tea Recipes!
I shared a variety of Vegan; Gluten-Free; Keto; Low Carb Afternoon Tea Recipes a few days ago, so please do go and check that out too if you require recipes for specific dietary requirements.
I love afternoon tea – it’s one of those quintessential British traditions, and I’m all about keeping traditions alive! What is there not to love about dainty finger sandwiches, scrumptious cakes, and [my personal favourite] scones with lashings of clotted cream and jam? Not forgetting a hot pot of tea, or a glass of fizz if you’re feeling fancy!
I have included affiliate links to useful products and services related to the topic of this post.
If you purchase via the links I may earn a commission.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Read Full Disclosure Policy
Afternoon Tea Recipes
I’ve rounded up a selection of recipes – from my own blog, as well as from some fabulous bloggers, that you can prepare at home for afternoon tea. I’m sure there will be something here to tickle your taste buds. And if you’re not a baker or cake maker, don’t forget, it doesn’t hurt to buy some delicious treats from the shops to serve for this afternoon treat!
I have made all of links to these 25+ Afternoon Tea Recipes open in a new window so that you don’t lose your place in the list.
- Norwegian Kransekake (Wheat-Free) – Blue Bear Wood
- Chocolate Genoise Sponge Cake – Food Meanderings
- Chamomile Cake with Salted Honey Buttercream – Veggie Desserts
- Black Forest Pavlova – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
Afternoon tea was introduced in England by Anna, the seventh Duchess of Bedford, in the year 1840. The Duchess would become hungry around four o’clock in the afternoon. The evening meal in her household was served fashionably late at eight o’clock, thus leaving a long period of time between lunch and dinner. The Duchess asked that a tray of tea, bread and butter (some time earlier, the Earl of Sandwich had had the idea of putting a filling between two slices of bread) and cake be brought to her room during the late afternoon. This became a habit of hers and she began inviting friends to join her. – Historic UK
- Shortbread Cookies & Blueberry Jam – Orchids & Sweet Tea
- Instant Pot Oreo Cheesecake – Recipes From A Pantry
- Mango Cake with Caramel Drizzle – Recipes From A Pantry
- Vanilla Cranberry Loaf – Family, Food & Travel
- Rose Pistachio Shortbread Cookies – Recipes From A Pantry
- Strawberry Shortcake (Disney Copycat Recipe) – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Victoria Sponge Cake – Meraki Mother
- Citrus Butter Lemon Cookies – Meraki Mother
- Spiced Pumpkin & Walnut Tea Loaf – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Soda Bread with Blackberries & Apples – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Japanese Inspired Chocolate Truffles – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Spicy Apricot Pistachio Cookies – My Life Cookbook
- Cheesy Ranch Biscuits – Trisha Dishes
- Cranberry Scones – Beyond The Chicken Coop
- Blackberry & Apple Jam – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Four Ingredient Scones – Sweet Savant
- Blueberry Tea Cake – Simply Stacie
- Maple Walnut Coffee Cake – Crayons & Cravings
- Slice & Bake Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies – Oh My Sugar High
- Reconstructed Eton Mess – The Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Tea & Double Chocolate Raspberry Scones – Spaceships & Laserbeams
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies – Joyfully Thriving
- Almond Shortbread Cookies – Pastry & Beyond
- Summer Fruit Swiss Roll – Blue Bear Wood
- Chocolate Loaf with Cream Cheese Glaze – Family, Food & Travel
- Hummingbird Cake – Simply Recipes
- Butter Tart Bundt Cake – Food Meanderings
- Cherry Garcia Shortbread Cookies – The Mommy Mix
And if you want even more recipes, check out these 50 Afternoon Tea Recipes!
You might also like to check out my Afternoon Tea decorations, made using the Cricut Explore. And also read about the book I reviewed by Eric Lanlard, which was filled with traditional, and more contemporary recipes, and well worth buying – if only to drool at the pictures alone!